- Jermain Taylor -- FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN ... Cops Say
- Earlier Start Time Set for Mayweather vs Maidana 2
- The Mayweather-Pacquiao Business Paradox
- Roy Jones Jr. gives Las Vegas local Chuy first shot at title fight
- Maidana: I hope Mayweather will stand and fight like a man
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
- Red Dawn: Beterbiev vs. Cloud Sept 27 in Montreal
Sell-Out Expected For Home Depot Center
Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer announced at the outset of yesterday’s final press conference that he expects The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., to be sold out for the exciting fight card headlined by Marcos Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez this Saturday, June 8 on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING live on SHOWTIME® (10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT).
“The venue has 8,279 seats and there are only about 800 seats left on sale so we definitely will have a sell-out,” Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions said. “That shows that cumulatively this card is the single best card we have had here in Carson.”
“I was talking with my good friend Dan Beckerman, the President and CEO of AEG and he was telling me that there has only been one event in the history of boxing here in Carson that has been a sell-out and that was the Antonio Margarito fight in 2007 against Paul Williams. Whenever there’s a fight in Carson it always elevates the crowd and the fighters. It’s a hotbed for boxing, has been called the mecca of boxing in Southern California and I agree with that,” Schaefer continued.
“I think that week after week (Executive Vice President and General Manager, SHOWTIME Sports) Stephen Espinoza is kicking ass at SHOWTIME. There’s only one brand in boxing right now and that’s SHOWTIME, the undisputed leader in boxing.”
In what is expected to be a non-stop action slugfest in the 12-round main event, hard-hitting Marcos “El Chino” Maidana (33-3, 30 KO’s), of Margarita, Argentina defends his WBA Intercontinental Welterweight Championship against “The Riverside Rocky’’ Josesito Lopez (30-5, 18 KO’s) of Riverside, Calif.
Two additional 12-round battles top off the Golden Boy Promotions promoted event. In a classic puncher vs. boxer matchup, exciting Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo (22-2, 18 KO’s) of Los Angeles, meets classy Cuban Erislandy Lara (17-1-2, 11 KO’s) of Houston, Texas for the vacant WBA Interim Super Welterweight World Championship and Demetrius Hopkins (33-2-1, 13 KO’s) of Philadelphia, Penn. takes on undefeated Jermell Charlo (20-0, 10 KO’s) of Houston, Texas for Hopkins’ USBA Junior Middleweight Championship and Charlo’s WBC Continental Americas Super Welterweight Championship.
Matchups for the SHOWTIME EXTREME telecast (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) include undefeated Yoshihiro Kamegai (22-0-1, 19 KO’s) of Sapporo, Japan taking on former World Champion Johan Perez (16-1-1, 12 KO’s) Caracas, Venezuela in a 10-round clash for the vacant WBA International Welterweight Championship, former USC football player Gerald Washington (7-0, 5 KO’s) of Los Angeles facing veteran Sherman Williams (35-12-2, 19 KO’s) of Vero Beach, Florida in an 8-round heavyweight battle and (time permitting) 2012 U.S. Olympian Joseph “Jo Jo” Diaz Jr. (4-0, 2 KO’s) of South El Monte, Calif. squaring off against Rigoberto Casillas (8-10-1, 6 KO’s) San Diego in a four/six round junior featherweight battle.
Remaining tickets, priced at $150, $75, $50 and $25, plus applicable taxes, fees and services charges are available at AXS.com or by phone at 1-888-9-AXS-TIX (1-888-929-7849), as well as The Home Depot Center Box Office (Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT). VIP Suites are available by calling 1-877-604-8777. For more information on group discounts or VIP packages, please call 1-877-234-8425.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say