- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Sensational Month For Star Boxing!
NEW YORK: (November 21, 2013) An extraordinary year for Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing plateaued this week with the company’s successes being lauded from numerous media outlets.
On Saturday night, NOVEMBER 2, Star Boxing charge Demetrius Andrade displayed his world-class talents on the biggest stage, captured the WBO Junior Middleweight World Championship when he soundly defeated top rated contender Vanes Martirosyan in a clash telecast on HBO from Corpus Christi, Texas.
“It was very rewarding watching Demetrius win the title. Having groomed him since he turned professional five years ago and having worked so hard with everyone to get Demetrius the opportunity it was great to hear him being announced as the world champion” said DeGuardia, who has a knack for developing and producing world champions in his 20 plus years at Star Boxing.
While DeGuardia was in Corpus Christi with Andrade, he was simultaneously being inducted into the Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame for his lifetime promotional accomplishments. In an interesting and ironic twist, DeGuardia’s longtime world ranked contender Delvin Rodriguez introduced and accepted DeGuardia’s honor for his induction into the Hall of Fame at the annual awards dinner at Mohegan Sun.
Below is a video clip of DeGuardia’s previously recorded acceptance speech.
Joe DeGuardia’s acceptance
“I was very proud to receive this particular honor. We’ve promoted many shows in Connecticut over the years, some of our most successful have featured Delvin so it was fitting that he be there on my behalf” continued DeGuardia. “In the best of timing, they were announcing my induction just as Demetrius was being introduced in the ring by Michael Buffer on HBO.”
Wrapping up their week, Star Boxing is able to announce that their upcoming 11th installment of the lauded “Rockin Fights” series at The Paramount in Huntington, New York on NOVEMBER 22 will sell out as the previous ten have.
“We’ve built a very strong, consistent series at The Paramount. The fans have truly supported our fighters and events,” said DeGuardia who has been credited with the tremendous resurgence of boxing on Long Island by fans and media.
“Next weekend will be very special, our last show of the year. But, we’re already working on making 2014 an even bigger and better year.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada