- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- KNOCKOUT REALITY SHOW BRINGING BOXING BACK TO THE MAINSTREAM
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Chilemba-Grachev Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- “San Diego Fights: Border War” Set for Friday, April 4th!
- Gulfstream Promotions card featuring Brandon Quarles This Saturday night in Springfield, VA.
- NBCSN Fight Night Only Place to Catch Adamek-Glazkov – Tickets Sold Out!
- Ceylan to fight Urena at the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg
September 7 opponents confirmed for Swedish Nordic Fight Night trio
The Nordic Fight Night returns from the summer break on September 7, with three Swedish top talents in action at Frederikshavn´s Arena Nord. Light Welterweight Anthony Yigit (4-0, 1 KO), who already has four victories to his name since the 2012 Olympics, comes face-to-face with Toni Delgado (3-1) from Spain. Otto Wallin (1-0, 1 KO) takes on experienced Valeri Semiskur (18-28-1, 10 KOs), while KO king Oscar Ahlin (7-0, 7 KOs) battles it out with Artem Solomko (11-23-1, 4 KOs).
Yigit and Wallin have been sharing a flat in Berlin, where they have been training under the guidance of coach Torsten Schmitz. They have both been through quality sparring sessions with fellow Team Sauerland fighters. Wallin, for instance, has trained with top-rated Bulgarian contender Kubrat Pulev, who is facing US veteran Tony Thompson this weekend to determine the next IBF mandatory challenger for Wladimir Klitschko, and Denis Boytsov. “It´s a privilege to spar with these guys,” Wallin said. “I have been working hard since my debut and I feel well prepared. I am developing every day. I am ready for my second fight. Semiskur has a lot of experience and experienced guys are always dangerous. I am looking forward to September 7.”
Meanwhile, Yigit is convinced he will stretch his unbeaten run to five. “I have seen some of Delgado´s fights,” he said. “He is a guy who doesn´t go down easily. I expect him to come hard at me but I am more than ready to show him that I am a tough guy as well.”
Completing the Swedish line-up will be Oscar Ahlin who has been preparing in Stockholm and Copenhagen. The 23-year-old announced his arrival with a third-round KO win over Tim-Robin Lihaug in April, which earned him a contract with Team Sauerland. His next test will come against Artem Solomko from Belarus. None of Ahlin´s opponents have ever lasted the distance. “Of course I like to win by KO, but you cannot plan a KO. If it comes, it comes. If not, I´ll be happy to win by points,” he said.
In the Danish main fight of the evening, WBA Intercontinental Middleweight Champion Patrick Nielsen takes on Patrick Majewski, while in the co-featured Norwegian headliner, WBA, WBC & WBO Female Welterweight Champion Cecilia Braekhus, the pound-for-pound number one, defends her titles against unbeaten champion Oxandia Castillo. Tickets are available at www.arenanord.dk.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Anthony Peterson vs. Marcos Jimenez, March 21st ESPN FNF Co-Main
- Vanes Martirosyan Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Al Haymon Signs Baltimore Featherweight Gervonta Davis
- Ekpo wants all the big fights in the world
- Hopkins-Shumenov Announce Light Heavyweight Unification Bout
- Froch/Groves – Promotion for Dummies?