Shawn Miller Takes On Rashid For WBF Title In Whitehall, N.Y.
It will be Troy, New York vs. Brooklyn, New York when Shawn Miller takes on Yasin “The Assasin” Rashid for the vacant World Boxing Federation North American Light Heavyweight title on August 3.
Both will be entering their first professional title fight on this show promoted by Greg Gross at the Whitehall Athletic Club in Whitehall, N.Y.
Miller, who played college Baseball at West Virginia University, turned professional in 2009 and has since gone 10-1-1 (4), while Rashid is 7-4 (2) in a career that began in 2004.
Since suffering his sole loss in 2010, a first round stoppage on a body-shot at the hands of Steven Tyner, Miller has gone from strength to strength and at times looked very impressive against decent opposition.
While clearly the underdog in this fight, Yasin Rashid has been in with better fighters than Miller and his four defeats were to good boxers Will Rosinsky (12-0), Andy Mejias (9-0), Joe Smith Jr. (10-1) and Antowyan Aikens (6-0).
The Shawn Miller vs. Yasin Rashid WBF North American Light Heavyweight title fight will be supported by an interesting undercard featuring some of the New York areas many promising prospects and contenders.
- Clarke Back In Action
- Beard Backs Malinga To Beat Hall For World Crown
- ‘Rocky’ Returns After Two Years Out At Wigan
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Price’s ring-return delayed by virus
- Lionell Thompson plans to destroy Ryan Coyne Saturday in Atlantic City
- Local Stars Triumph In WBF Title Fights
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed