- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Weights: Andrade vs. Hernandez
NEW YORK (Jan. 24, 2013) – Photos: Tom Casino/SHOWTIME — 2008 U.S. Olympian Demetrius Andrade (18-0, 13 KOs), of Providence, R.I., puts his unbeaten record on the line against former world title challenger Freddy “El Riel” Hernandez (30-3, 20 KOs), of Lynwood, Calif., in the 10-round junior middleweight main event on ShoBox: The New Generation doubleheader tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 25, live on SHOWTIME (10 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast) from The Paramount in Huntington, New York.
Junior welterweights Raymond “Tito” Serrano (18-1, 8 KOs), of Philadelphia, meets Emmanuel “Tranzforma” Taylor (15-1, 10 KOs), of Edgewood, Md., in the 10-round co-feature. The doubleheader is promoted by Star Boxing and Banner Promotions.
Andrade and Hernandez participated in a public workout Thursday at Modell’s Sporting Goods in Times Square before joining the other fighters for the weigh-in at the New York State Athletic Commission Office in Lower Manhattan.
Tickets, priced at $50, $100 and $150, are available through Ticketmaster online www.Ticketmaster.com or phone (800) 745-3000, through The Paramount Box Office (631) 673-7300, the Star Boxing Office (718) 823-2000 or on their website, www.StarBoxing.com. Doors on fight night will open at 7 p.m. ET with the first bell at 8 p.m.
Barry Tompkins will call the ShoBox action from ringside with Steve Farhood and former World Champion Raul Marquez serving as expert analysts. The executive producer is Gordon Hall with Richard Gaughan producing and Rick Phillips directing.
Weights: Andrade tipped the scale at 154.2 pounds, Hernandez, 154. Serrano weighed 141.6 pounds, Taylor 140.6.
What the ShoBox fighters said Thursday:
“It is important to win and of course people want to see a good performance. I haven’t done anything differently for this fight but I know he’s a good fighter and I’m ready.
“Now that I’m working with (new trainer) Virgil (Hunter) there’s a little more structure going on and just having all the right resources.
“Fighting on a premium television channel like SHOWTIME is a step up. I know my family will be coming and watching.”
“I have experience but he’s young and I know that I’m the test and that I won’t be an easy test for him. I think a key is for me to fight him on the inside because he’s taller. I know that he likes to fight from a distance.
“I’ve been training well like always but this time we’ve been working a lot more on movement so I think that will be good
“I am fighting for my wife (Alma Grajales) today because it’s her birthday. And of course I’m fighting for my biggest motivation, my son (Freddy III).”
“This is a must-win in my career right now to be considered a contender. I know I want it to be impressive since I’m on SHOWTIME and it’s a big stage. I’m excited to be back. I miss the ring.
“It’s been a blessing for me to get the opportunity to be able to work with Barry Hunter. It’s just great training with him; they have a great team.
“I made a mistake in my last fight and I paid for it. I worked hard at those mistakes and believe in myself. Basically I’m still working and training hard and I’m still the same fighter.‘’
“This fight means a lot to me. I’ve been working hard in the gym. I’m excited, anxious and nervous but I’m ready to show the world what I’ve got so I can keep going forward.
“This fight is going to be really rough. I’m going to make it rough for him. The key is to use my jab at times and my overhead right.”
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say