- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
- Angel “Memo” Heredia Confirmed for Inaugural Box Fan Expo
Short Documentary Film “I Beat Mike Tyson” Released
I BEAT MIKE TYSON, a 2012 film festival favorite, will be released as a “staff pick” on the video sharing site Vimeo on Tuesday, January 15. The 13-minute film, which chronicles the story of famed Irish boxer Kevin McBride, will also be available for streaming on the websites ShortoftheWeek.com and IBeatMikeTyson.com.
In 2005, an unknown Irish boxer beat Mike Tyson before hundreds of thousands of people. Then he disappeared. Filmmaker Joshua Z Weinstein rediscovers Kevin McBride raising his children in a gritty Boston suburb. Kevinʼs body is deteriorating, yet he compulsively continues to fight. I BEAT MIKE TYSON is a lyrical film about a fighter at the end of his career, engaging in the Sisyphean task that is his life.
I BEAT MIKE TYSON was screened at film festivals throughout the world in 2012, including the HotDocs International Documentary Film Festival in Toronto and the Camden International Documentary Film Festival in Camden, Maine. It was released theatrically in New York City in Fall 2012 alongside Weinstein’s feature film DRIVERS WANTED. Weinstein is a director and cinematographer whose work has been featured on BBC television, PBS, the New York Times, the Toronto International Film Festival, the South by Southwest Film Festival, and many others.
Vimeo is a U.S.-based video sharing website on which users can upload, share and view videos. The site’s popularity has grown exponentially in recent years, receiving over 65 million unique visits per month.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?