- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
- Full Card Announced For Golden Boy Live! Card In Fairfield, Calif
- Rising Minnesota Prospects Look To Impress Friday Night At Grand Casino Hinckley
Chris Arreola vs Seth Mitchell Moved To Sept 7, Showtime
INDIO, Calif. (Aug. 13, 2013) – Golden Boy Promotions is pleased to announce that the SHOWTIME®doubleheader will now take Saturday, Sept. 7, making it a boxing fans’ weekend at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, Calif. The event was originally slated for Friday, Sept. 6.
The telecast features a 12-round clash of heavyweight contenders between Seth “Mayhem” Mitchell (26-1-1, 19 KO’s) and Chris “The Nightmare” Arreola (34-3, 30 KO’s) and a 10-round featherweight meeting between Mexican superstar Rafael Marquez (41-8, 37 KO’s) and California prospect Efrain Esquivias (16-2-1, 9 KO’s). The SHOWTIME telecast and event start time remain the same. All tickets bought for Sept. 6 will be honored on Sept. 7.
Mitchell vs. Arreola, a 12-round fight for the WBC Silver Heavyweight Title, is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Goossen Tutor Promotions and sponsored by Corona. The doubleheader will take place on Saturday, Sept. 7 at the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino and will be televised live on SHOWTIME beginning at 10 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast). Doors open at 5 p.m. PT and the first fight begins at 5:30 p.m. PT.
Tickets, priced at $105, $75, $55, $45, $35 are available at the Fantasy Springs Box Office, by calling (800) 827-2946 or online at www.fantasyspringsresort.com.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Santa Cruz feels pressure of fighting in co-feature on Mayweather-Maidana 2 card
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Brook pushing hard for Khan fight