- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
Mayweather-Guerrero & De Leon-Mares replay on Showtime this Saturday, May 11th
NEW YORK (May 7, 2013) – This past Saturday, undefeated boxing superstar and undisputed No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world Floyd “Money” Mayweather produced a magnificent performance en route to winning a 12-round unanimous decision over Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero on SHOWTIME PPV® before nearly 16,000 fans at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev.
This Saturday, May 11, SHOWTIME will air the fight, along withunbeaten Abner Mares’ exciting ninth-round technical knockout victory over defending WBC Featherweight World Champion Daniel Ponce De Leon in the co-featured bout at 9 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Making his first start in a year, a dominant Mayweather (44-0, 26 KO’s) showed no signs of ring rust while displaying the trademark speed and quickness, ring generalship, accuracy, intelligence and defensive mastery that he’s been known for since his pro debut 17 years ago.
“Money” received rave reviews. Here’s a sampling:
From Tim Dahlberg of Associated Press, “On the canvas where he does his best work, Mayweather painted a boxing masterpiece only he could produce.”
“…once he found his groove, the multi-division champion put on a bravura boxing clinic. By the end of the night, no one could have any doubts that the pugilist from Grand Rapids, Mich., is the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet,” wrote Gordon Marino in the Wall Street Journal.
Said Greg Bishop of the New York Times, “When it ended, Mayweather hardly celebrated. He thumped his chest and hugged his father… He made it look easy, and it had been. He had landed a staggering 60 percent of his power punches.”
“The countdown to the end of Floyd Mayweather legendary career began with a brilliant performance in a victory over Robert Guerrero. Mayweather rolled his record to 44-0 and kept alive a dream to end his career with a perfect mark,” wrote Kevin Iole on Yahoo! Sports.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say