- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Weights: Canelo 155, Angulo 154.5
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- FULL UNDERCARD ANNOUNCED FOR "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO"
- Cuba vs. USA in WSB quarter-finals
- Veteran Konecny vows: Against Quillin, I’ll make my American miracle come true!
- Four American Boxers Advance to the Final Round at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
- Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
- Mundine in beast mode for Clottey
- Team USA Opens the 2014 Youth Continental Championships With Three Victories in Ecuador
Liam Smith faces Erick Ochieng on June 28th in Liverpool
Unbeaten light-middleweight Liam Smith aims to show in his next fight on Friday 28th June at the Liverpool Olympia that he is ready for his British title shot against Erick Ochieng.
Smith, who holds the Commonwealth title that he won against Steve O’Meara last December, is eager to add the Lonsdale belt vacated by Brian Rose, with purse bids for the Ochieng fight to be held next Wednesday.
The 24-year-old will first do a six rounder on the undercard of the mouthwatering British and Commonwealth Welterweight showdown between Frankie Gavin and Denton Vassell, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
He said, “I’m really excited with the fight against Ochieng for the British title and it’s a big opportunity for me to prove once and for all that I’m the best in Britain,”
“I’m not getting too carried away with it though, first I’ve got to deal with my opponent on June 28 and then I can focus on Ochieng as we’ll know the date and venue of the fight then,”
“Winning the Commonwealth belt was fantastic and I’ve shown I can do twelve rounds at a good pace, but even against O’Meara I didn’t show everything I can do, there’s still plenty more to come,”
“I’m raring to go at the Olympia and will put on a performance that will have people sitting up and taking notice of the next British middleweight champion,”
“I’ve been studying Ochieng for a long time and I know how to beat him.”
Gavin v Vassell headlines an action-packed show that also feature the exciting, hard-hitting, Ellesmere Port ace Paul Butler in a challenge for the WBO International Super-Flyweight Championship as he looks to secure a third title alongside his British and Commonwealth belts.
Also showcasing their talent will be Merseyside stars Liam Smith, Joe Selkirk and Stephen Smith, plus Manchester’s Joe Murray and Rhys Roberts and Damon Jones.
Tickets priced at £30 and £60 are available from Eventim on 0844 249 1000 or www.eventim.co.uk or the Liverpool Olympia Box Office at www.liverpoololympia.com
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- “Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
- TODAY! Pacquiao Arrives in Los Angeles
- Mike Reed’s Stock Rises in Decision Win over Mahasin
- 14,700 tickets sold for Mayweather-Maidana fight today, says Schaefer
- “Toe to Toe”: Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez – Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction