- Hernandez and Arslan respectful, confident of victory!
- Demetrius Andrade invades Liverpool, England
- “Lara is one of the best I’ll ever face” admits Canelo on eve of eagerly anticipated clash live on Boxnation
- Boxing After Dark returns August 2
- Antoine Douglas headlines quadruple header on Sho Box July 25 at Turning Stone Resort Casino
- Road to Golovkin/Geale Premieres Tomorrow on HBO
St. James, Five Five 2 “Light It Up” Cigar Night Benefit For 2013 US National Boxing Champion Le’Shawn Rodriguez!
(July 15th) Restaurant Five.Five 2 in St. James is hosting a fundraiser on Wednesday, July 31st, to raise funds for local boxer Le’Shawn Rodriguez, the 2013 US National Boxing Champion, in preparation for his run for the 2016 Olympics.
Join Former #1 Heavyweight Contender, Gerry Cooney and AVM (Atlantic Veterans Memorial Boxing Club) at Restaurant Five.Five 2 and be part of boxing greatness in support of one of their own and the 2012/2013 National Boxing Champion, 20 year old Middleweight, Le’Shawn Rodriguez.
The 20 year old Shirley native Rodriguez a 2012 New York Gold Glove winner and National Golden Gloves finalist won the US National Middleweight Championship in Spokane, Washington in April before adding a Gold Medal at the Olympic Cup tournament in Puerto Rico last month.
Le’Shawn has been invited to travel to various International tournaments around the world to gain invaluable
experience and prepare him for the 2016 Olympics. A portion of proceeds from this event will benefit Le’Shawn’s mission of competing in the 2016 Olympics and will be directly given to the AVM for distribution to subsidize Le’Shawn’s travel and coaching expenses and ultimately allow him to compete at the highest level and support him in achieving this extraordinary goal.
“We hope as many people as possible can come out for this fun cigar night event to meet and greet local celebrities and boxers in support of Le’Shawn and all that AVM has done to help our teens in Suffolk County,” says Mike Murphy, AVM President and Le’Shawn’s Head Coach.
The cigar night event will be Wednesday July 31st, 6pm-10pm at Restaurant Five.Five 2 | 552 North Country Road (rte25a) St. James, NY 11780 | 631.584.4600 | Reservations are highly recommended as seating is limited. Both men and women are encouraged to join in the festivities. General Admission is $100 and includes: 4 hour open bar, Passed Hors d’oeuvres, 3 course dinner, premium cigars, and raffles & prizes.
Since 1969 Atlantic Veterans Memorial Boxing Gym (AVM) has been the most successful Boxing Gym in Long Island History. With over 90 Champions born through their programs that are lead by the President and Head Trainer Michael Murphy. Atlantic Veterans Memorial Boxing is a “Non-Profit”, “All Volunteer” Drug & Smoke Free, year round Youth Program dedicated to keep kids “Off The Streets” & “Out of trouble” away from the lure of “Street Gangs” through the most disciplined sport of Amateur Boxing! www.avmboxing.com | 631.839.4148
About Restaurant Five.Five 2
Check out the restaurant that Joanne Starkey from The New York Times raves, “The dishes coming from Mr. Pitre’s kitchen were, with very few exceptions, outstanding…the best sliders I’ve ever had.” And where Peter Gianotti from Newsday states, “Here’s a restaurant so confident and convincing that you’ll start using 552 as lottery numbers! ..The only style that matters is in the kitchen and on the table…Chef Adam Pitré is having fun here and so will you…”
For more info call 631-584-4600 or visit them: restaurantfivefive2.com 552 North Country Road (rte 25a) St. James, NY 11780
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Live Stream: Canelo vs Lara Weigh-In at 6 ET/3 PT
- Cleverly: Tomorrow is the calm before the Bellew storm
- Alvarez vs. Lara – A fight for Alvarez to lose
- Canelo-Lara Fight Week Coverage – Presser
- Mayweather vs. Maidana II Set For Sept. 13 Live on SHO PPV
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara: Winner enters elite ranks
- Bradley Up For A Miguel Cotto Fight