- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
Standing 8 Promotions’ Bud Light Boxing Series Kicks Off February 9, 2013 In Hurst, TX
Fort Worth-based boxing promoter Standing 8 Promotions is joining forces with Bud Light to start off the Bud Light Boxing Series on Feb. 9 at the Hurst Conference Center. The series will consist of six fight cards, all at the Hurst Conference Center. Promoter Dustin Haney says” this will also let professional boxing fans know there is a promotion dedicated to providing a night of outstanding entertainment.
All of our previous fight cards have been outstanding,” “We want our fans to know that when they come to one of our events, they will get more for their dollar than any other sporting event in the Metroplex, while helping develop professional boxing in the area”.
The event will be headlined by Hector Vasquez of Irving, TX who is 8-1 as a pro and was a 2008 Olympic alternate from Mexico coming back after a year lay-off due to injury. The Irving resident beat two-time world champion Adrien Broner as an amateur. Broner is currently the WBC lightweight champion of the world.
Tony Lopez of Fort Worth fighter who is 1-0 in his young pro career looks to continue his rise as a major pro prospect. As an amateur, he was 68-3. His first pro win was a first round knockout at Standing 8′s Mid Cities Mayhem fight card in November. Lopez recently signed a long-term promotional agreement with Standing 8 Promotion’s. Promoter Dustin Haney says of Lopez “Tony is a dedicated young man with skill and personality to spare. It is a pleasure to be working with such a genuine young man as he starts his trek to big successes in the pro game. Fort Worth is going to love him”.
“Cracking” Craig Callaghan of Liverpool, England 3-0 2 KO’s returns after his impressive stateside debut in November. With big aspirations Callaghan says of the event “I am looking to be a world champion within four years. This has always been my goal and I want to make my fans proud”. Craig’s fan base added depth to it after the November fight. “I love the fans in Texas. They have been very accepting of me”. Promoter Dustin Haney says of his charge “”Craig could be a global superstar”.
Chap Huggins 6-0-1 1 KO, a Fort Worth fighter who is returning to the ring after successfully battling cancer looks to return impressively. Huggins says “my friends and family have been very supportive which means a lot to me. This fight is for them”.
The event will also feature the last fight of Fort Worth’s “Blood and Guts Warrior” Arthur Trevino 7-9-2 4 KO’s. Promoter Dustin Haney says of Trevino “This man has entertained the Metroplex fans his whole career. He took on anyone at a moment’s notice. His last fight was our fight of the year which was hard to achieve as most of our fights on the three cards we presented last year were even back and forth wars. This is our way of showing him the respect that his career deserves. He is a credit to the sport, himself and his proud family’s fighting legacy. After this fight we hope that he will stick around and help us out on our shows in a non-performing capacity”.
Seven bouts will be featured and opponents for the featured fighters will be announced shortly. Doors at the Hurst Conference Center will open at 5:30 p.m. The opening bell will ring at 7 p.m. The event is being promoted by Standing 8 Promotions in association with Bud Light Platinum, City of Hurst Conference Center, Hyatt Hotels, Bronco’s Sports Bar and S&H Equipment. The Hurst Convention Center is located 10 minutes west of the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport on HWY 121 at 1601 Campus Drive Hurst, TX 76054. Tickets for The Bud Light Fight Series #1 start at just $30 and are available at www.dfwboxing.com or can be charged by phone at 877-725-8849.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz