- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Standing 8 Promotions to Hold Weigh-in Thursday in Texas
Standing 8 Promotions’ 2013 Bud Light Professional Boxing Series: Welterweight Collision Course will see its combatants hit the scales this Thursday at 2:00 P.M at Bronco’s Sports Bar in Hurst Texas. The event is open to the public and located at 900 Airport Fwy #166 Hurst, TX 76054. The event titled “Collision Course” features a unique concept where some of the very best Welterweights in Texas start a series of events to occur over the next few months which will culminate in 1 fighter receiving a world ranking.
The main event is being contested for the Texas State Welterweight Title and fetures Rogelio De la Torre 10-2 of Houston squaring off against Waco’s hardnosed fighter Milton “Bad Boy” Ramos (8-3). Also in welterweight action, Former 4 time Golden Glove champion Jose Orozco of Fort Worth (5-0) squares of against the exciting Larry Smith (10-14) who is giving a portion of his purse to the National Kidney Foundation and McKinney prospect Albert Rodriguez 8-1 VS Julio Rangel (10-14).
Also on the card is Dallas-Fort Worth’s hot Jr. Featherweight prospect Tony Lopez (3-0) of Fort Worth. Tony is busy making media appearances this week in advance of his fight first appearing on Telemundo throughout the week as well as Fox 4 Good Day Morning Show this Wednesday during the 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. hour. Tony says of the recent attention “this is what I have dreamed of since I was 7. I have only had three fights and have been featured on news shows and had a fight televised on UniMas last month. I am excited as this is the beginning of my dream to win a world title”. Lopez is the hottest prospect to come out of the metroplex in a while and had an amateur record of 68-3.
His fight is part of Standing 8 Promotions “Bud Light 2013 Professional Boxing Series: Welterweight Collision Course happening this Friday at the Hurst Conference Center in Hurst, Texas (next door to Fort Worth). The event is sponsored by Bronco’s Sports Bar, Therma Foam and DK Haney Roofing. The Hurst Conference Center is located at 1601 Campus Drive, Hurst, Texas 76054. Ten minutes west of Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, north of Texas Highway 121. The event will feature 36 rounds of boxing in seven bouts. The doors open at 5:30 p.m., first bell is at 7:00 p.m. Tickets start at just $30 and can be purchased by calling 1-877-725-8849 or online at www.dfwboxing.com.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity