- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
Joe DeGuardia will be honored by Ring 10 with the Lifetime Dedication Award
BRONX, NY (September 4, 2013)
Star Boxing founder and president, Joe DeGuardia will be honored by Ring 10
with the Lifetime Dedication Award
at their Third Annual Extravaganza set for Sunday, SEPTEMBER 8 at the Marina Del Rey in Throgs Neck (Bronx, NY.)
Promoting world-class boxing events in the New York City area for over 20 years, DeGuardia has stayed true to his vision of providing first class entertainment for boxing fans and opportunities for fighters as they strive for their dreams of becoming world champions.
“This award means a great deal to me. To be honored by the boxing community for my dedication to the sport is humbling,” said DeGuardia. “We’ve always been committed to fostering a healthy environment for the fans and fighters.”
“Boxing has played a very important role throughout my entire life, both personally and professionally.”
Born and raised in the Bronx, the son of a professional boxer, DeGuardia started boxing in organized tournaments at the age of 9. He won numerous titles including the highly regarded New York Golden Gloves in 1988 while simultaneously graduating Hofstra Law School at the top of his class.
Initially working in the Bronx District Attorney’s Office, DeGuardia went on to found The Law Offices of Joseph M. DeGuardia, a highly
successful law firm based in the Bronx that has been consistently lauded within the legal community.
Remaining active in the boxing community, DeGuardia revitalized the Morris Park Boxing Club, which was founded by his father, to a newer and improved location. Transforming it into one of the busiest boxing gyms in New York, DeGuardia used it to launch Star Boxing, one of the sport’s premier promotional companies.
Star Boxing is credited for leading the resurgence of boxing on Long Island with their outstanding “Rockin Fights” series at The Paramount in Huntington, New York. The tenth installment, expected to sell out as have the past nine, takes place on Saturday, SEPTEMBER 14.
Among the Special Guests appearing at the Awards Ceremony are:
Danny Aiello (Academy Award Nominee), Joe DeGuardia, Ray “Boom Boom” Mancini, Livingstone “Ras I” Bramble, Harold Lederman, Calvin Grove, Iran Barkley, Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillan, Mark Breland, Tony Perez, Marlon Starling, Aaron Davis, John Duddy, Larry Barnes
For more information on the Ring 10 Third Annual Extravaganza, hosted by HBO’s Harold Lederman, please visit their website at www.ring10ny.com
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC