- Payasito” Hernandez Team will ask for Purse Bid
- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
Stars out Apr. 11 for 88th BWAA awards dinner in NYC
NEW YORK (March 28, 2013) – A star-studded list of world champions, past and present, as well as many other boxing dignitaries have committed to attending the 88th annual Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA) awards dinner on Thursday evening, April 11 at Capitale in New York City.
Limited tickets remain on sale, priced at $200.00 per person, $150.00 for BWAA members. Tables of 10 are available to purchase for $2,000.00. A limited number of special VIP tickets are also available for $400.00 per person and $4,000.00 for a table of 10. VIP tickets include premium seat at dinner, photo opportunity with honorees, and a special VIP gift. Credit card (Mastercard, Visa and American Express), PayPal, check and money order payments must be received no later than April 4, 2013. Checks should be payable to the BWAA and mailed to Boxing Writers Association of America, PO Box 153, Rockaway Park, NY 11694.
In addition to 2012 honorees such as Fighter of the Year, Nonito Donaire, and Fight of the Year winner, Juan Manuel Marquez, a virtual Who’s Who of boxing will be guests at the Apr. 11 gala affair. “The way things are starting to unfold this could be the best BWAA dinner in years” an excited BWAA president Jack Hirsch reported. “Every day it seems like another high profile star has committed to attend. Our growing lineup includes Roy Jones, Timothy Bradley, Ruslan Provodnikov, Paulie Malignaggi, Steve Cunningham, Bob Arum, and Jim Lampley. We have also reached out to a major television star that is a big fight fan. She has expressed interest in attending if her schedule permits.”
2012 BWAA Award Winners
Nonito Donaire The Sugar Ray Robinson Award Fighter of the Year
Robert Garcia The Eddie Futch Award Trainer of the Year
Juan Manuel Marguez – Manny Pacquiao IV The Ali-Frazier Award Fight of the Year
Al Haymon The Cus D’Amato Award Manager of the Year
Kathy Duva & Bruce Trampler The Barney Nagler Award Long & Meritorious Service
Steve Farhood The Marvin Kohn Award Good Guy
Danny Jacobs The Bill Crawford Award Courage Overcoming Adversity
Peter Finney The A.J. Liebling Award Outstanding Boxing Writer
Dave Kindred The Nat Fleischer Award Excellence In Boxing Journalism
Max Kellerman The Sam Taub Award Excellence in Broadcast Journalism
Bernie Awards for boxing writing winners will also be presented. A silent auction will be held. Individuals and companies may send items to be auctioned to Andriolo Communications, 1215 76th St., Brooklyn, NY 11228. Those donating items for the Silent Auction will be listed in the event journal and may display their business cards or promotional material on the Silent Auction table.
Cocktails are available at 6:00 p.m. ET, followed at 7:30 p.m. ET by dinner and the awards ceremony.
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive?
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes