Stern Test For Freddie Turner This Saturday – Now Faces Max Maxwell
Freddie Turner is set to receive his sternest test to date, when he faces
former British title challenger Max Maxwell, who replaces original
opponent Birmingham’s Dee Mitchell, on the Johnny Eames TRAD TKO Events
promoted ‘Turf War’ mega event at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London, this
Max, who lost out on the British crown against Brian Rose back in March
last year, has fought some of the very best British and English Champions
of recent times, Prince Arron (twice), Sam Webb, Navid Mansouri as well as
Freddie’s fellow TRAD TKO gym mate Erick ‘The Eagle’ Ochieng.
Back in June, on Johnny Eames’ inaugural promotion at York Hall, Max put
on a sensational performance, and was mightily unlucky not to get the
decision, against former WBF World Champion Kreshnik.
On learning that Max was to replace Dee Mitchell, Freddie seemed more than
a little pleased to be fighting someone of such pedigree.
“This is just the kind of fight I want, Max is a great all action fighter
and will test me for sure.
As with Dee, I believe I’ve got the tools to overcome him, it’ll be a real
hard fight and I’m really looking forward to it.
I like the way Johnny is directing my career, it’s fights like this that
will get me ready for the title fights, that he says will be coming my way
later this year.
This is going to be a really great fight for the fans, it will be non-stop
from the opening bell, it’s going to be an all out war.
It’s going to be a great show, I mean look at the line-up, our Ian Bailey
is defending his title against Dan Naylor and the card is littered with
the most exciting young prospects from the TRAD TKO stable, Joel McIntyre,
Tommy Martin, Michael Grant, Joe Stephens, Ediz Hussein, Paul Upton,
Pauius Kasiulivevicius, not just that but also the return of Ryan Barrett.
What more could boxing fans want, genuine prospects in genuine 50-50
fights, I know if I wasn’t fighting on the show, York Hall is the place
I’d be on Saturday night.”
Freddie Turner versus Max Maxwell features on the undercard of the Ian
Bailey-Dan Naylor Southern Area Featherweight title clash, at the Johnny
Eames TRAD TKO Events promoted ‘Turf War’ at York Hall, Bethnal Green,
London on Saturday 27th July 2013.
Tickets, priced Ł35 (Standard Seated) and Ł60 (Ringside) are available
on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com or in person from the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym
in Canning Town or from any boxer on the event. For further information
call 07960 850645 or 07557 641597.
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Mike Tyson’s blue-chip welterweight prospect Erickson Lubin is future of boxing
- Will Agbeko Perform Better Than Donaire Against Rigondeaux?
- WBC News
- Livestream: Judah vs Malignaggi Presser & Weigh-In
- Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame a knockout success
- Chris Mannix: “I’m Told Mayweather-Khan Is a Done Deal”
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights