- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Stuart Hall Ready To Claim World Crown In Leeds
Stuart Hall is set for the most important fight of his life, and one of the biggest contests in the UK this year, when he takes on South Africa’s Vusi Malinga for the vacant IBF world bantamweight title on December 21.
The battle at Leeds’ First Direct Arena will be screened live on BoxNation TV on a huge night of boxing, with the Darlington man insisting he will be in the best shape of his life and ready to claim world honours.
Malinga will enter the contest as the vastly more experienced man, having already fought for the world title twice in his 26-fight career, and Hall knows he will have to put in a career-best shift if he is to fulfil his life-long dream.
“I won’t know until I’m in there but I’m just expecting him to be tough,” said Hall, the former British champion. “I’m in the best place I’ve ever been, four weeks away, and I’ve had the reins put on me.
“I’m expecting a hard night, and if it comes off easier then it will be an absolute bonus. He’s coming to win and spoil the party though and I’ll be more than ready for this fight.”
Hall has twice lost European title shots, to Jamie McDonnell and Lee Haskins, but the 33-year-old says he is a better fighter for those reverses. Last time out, the North East man stepped up to world level when he beat hard-hitting American, Sergio Perales, for the IBF Inter-Continental belt and ‘Stuey’ believes that experience will stand him in good stead against Malinga.
“Perales hit like a Trojan, he was proper heavy-handed, just look at his KO ratio. He had a big punch and I can’t see Malinga hitting as hard as him. I think he’ll be in my face though and that will be made for me.
“I’m a massive puncher for a bantamweight and I’m more than ready for this fight. He’s going to be 100 per cent and he’s got Lee Beard training him, but he’s in England for the first time and I think every time he’s left his country he’s been beat. I’m just going to be on my game and straight out of the traps for this one. I can’t wait.”
“Whatever happens, this is going to be a terrific fight,” said Dennis Hobson, who co-promotes the show with Queensberry Promotions. “It’s a 50-50 fight in my eyes, but Stuart will never have a better chance to win a world title. It will be a real fairy-tale story if he does it and I’m really hoping he can pull it off.
“The rest of the show is excellent too. Femi Fehintola against Gary Sykes is a great Yorkshire derby fight, and when you add in Frankie Gavin and Paul McCloskey it is going to be a really memorable night of boxing.”
Dennis Hobson Promotions and Queensberry Promotions present Stuart Hall versus Vusi Malinga for the vacant IBF world bantamweight title at Leeds’ First Direct Arena on December 21. The undercard will include Birmingham’s Frankie Gavin defending his Commonwealth welterweight title; Bradford’s Femi Fehintola versus Dewsbury’s Gary Sykes; Northern Ireland’s Paul McCloskey; Dronfield’s Lewis Taylor; Leeds’ China Clarke and Steven Mennell; Doncaster’s Dave Allen; Wales’ Lewis Rees; Chorley’s Jack Catterall; Manchester-based American Adrian Gonzales, and Birmingham’s Joe Costello. The rest of the undercard will be confirmed in the coming days.
Stuart Hall v Vusi Malinga is live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/ Virgin Ch. 546) on Saturday 21st December. Join now at www.boxnation.com
For ticket information call 0844 248 1585.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES