- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone To Honor Joe Deguardia And Chris Algieri
Bronx, NY (September 12, 2013) Suffolk County Executive, Steve Bellone will honor Star Boxing’s Joe DeGuardia and ‘The Fighting Pride of Huntington”, Chris Algieri this Saturday night, SEPTEMBER 14 at The Paramount in Huntington, New York prior to the start of the “Rockin Fights 10″ professional boxing event.
County Executive Bellone will make ring presentations to DeGuardia and Algieri for their commitment to the business and civic community through their outstanding work as part of the acclaimed “Rockin Fights” boxing series, the first nine of which have featured sold out, nationally televised events at The Paramount.
“This means a great deal to Chris and I. The “Rockin Fights” series has been extremely successful and were very pleased to be recognized by County Executive Steve Bellone and the Suffolk County Government.”
The presentation by County Executive Bellone will take place at 7:15 p.m. inside the ring at The Paramount, just prior to the start of the live action.
DeGuardia was also honored this past Sunday by the New York boxing community, receiving the Lifetime Dedication Award from Ring 10 at their Third Annual Extravaganza at the Marina Del Rey in Throg’s Neck, New York.
The undefeated Algieri, 17-0-0 (7KO’s) with be making the third start of his 2013 campaign, clashing with tough Nicaraguan veteran Wilfredo “EL Zurdo” Acuna, 14-12-0 (11KO’s) in the junior welterweight main event at “ROCKIN FIGHTS 10″.
Now competing at junior middleweight, former world champion Joshua Clottey, 36-4-0 (22KO’s), returns to the ring after an almost two year layoff to face Dashon “Fly Boy” Johnson, 14-12-3 (5KO’s), of Escondido, California.
Heavyweights will also see action at “ROCKIN FIGHTS 10″ as the Kevin Rooney trained Constantin Bejenaru, 3-0-1 (2KO’s), of Catskill, New York, will battle Buffalo, New York, native Excell Holmes, 2-1-1 (1KO) over four scheduled rounds.
Opening the show, Wendy Toussaint, 1-0-0, returns to The Paramount, facing off against pro debuting Koree Boyd of Babylon, New York in a scheduled four rounder.
Following the action in the ring, boxing fans will also be able to enjoy the LIVE telecast from Las Vegas of the Junior Middleweight World Title Championship between Floyd “Money” Mayweather and Saul “Canelo” Alvarez from the MGM Grand.
ABOUT SEPTEMBER 14 FIGHTS
Tickets priced at $200, $150, $100 and $50 can be purchased through Star Boxing (718) 823-2000, www.starboxing.com, Paramount Box office (631) 673-7300 and Ticketmaster
1-800-745-3000 or www.Ticketmaster.com .
The Paramount is located at 370 New York Ave, Huntington, NY.Doors open at 7:00 p.m. First fight is at 7:30 p.m.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Santa Cruz feels pressure of fighting in co-feature on Mayweather-Maidana 2 card