Sugar Shane Mosley Returns to the Ring on May 18 to Face Pablo Cesar Cano in Cancun Televised LIVE on Fox Deportes and Televisa
LOS ANGELES, April 2 – With the fire to compete still burning brightly, former Three Division World Champion and future Hall of Famer Sugar Shane Mosley will return to the boxing ring on Saturday, May 18 to square off against highly regarded welterweight contender Pablo Cesar “El Demoledor” Cano in a temporary venue which will be set up on the beach in front of The Grand Oasis in Cancun, Mexico. The welterweight fight will air live on FOX Deportes in the United States and on Televisa in Mexico on a delayed basis.
Mosley vs. Cano is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and Pepe Gomez Promotor Deportivo and sponsored by Corona, Periodico QueQui, The Grand Oasis Cancun, Quintana Roo Tourism and Cancun Tourism. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. CT and the first fight begins at 6:30 p.m. CT. The FOX Deportes broadcast will air live at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT and the Televisa broadcast will air on Canal 5 beginning at 10:30 p.m. CT.
Tickets, priced at 200 pesos, 300 pesos, 500 pesos, 1000 pesos and 1500 pesos are available for purchase at Periodico Quequi by calling +52 (998) 193 2100, Hotel Gran Oasis, Farmacias Paris, sucursal Yaxchilan and Crucero, Presidencia Municipal de Benito Juarez.
The owner of multiple world titles in the lightweight, welterweight and junior middleweight divisions, Sugar Shane Mosley (46-8-1, 39 KO’s) has compiled a career resume any fighter would envy. Having scored wins over Oscar De La Hoya, Winky Wright, Fernando Vargas, Ricardo Mayorga, Antonio Margarito and Jesse James Leija,, Pomona, California’s Mosley has also shared the ring with the likes of Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto and Canelo Alvarez, thrilling fans for years with his style, speed and ring savvy. In his most recent fight in May of 2012, Mosley lost a 12 round decision to Alvarez, but after a year away from the ring, Sugar Shane is back and ready to face a stern test in Cano.
Former WBA Interim Super Lightweight World Champion Pablo Cesar “El Demoledor” Cano (25-2-1, 19 KO’s) made a big impression on the boxing world when he took a last minute fight with future Hall of Famer Erik “El Terrible” Morales in 2011 in which he went 11 hard rounds before losing to the Mexican superstar. In his 147-pound debut last October he impressed once again when he went 12 hard-fought rounds with WBA Welterweight World Champion Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi, scoring an 11th round knockdown before losing a controversial split decision. Undeterred, the 23-year-old Cano has the opportunity to not just get back on a winning track, but to defeat a legend on May 18.
- WEIGHTS FROM TWIN RIVER
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah final press conference quotes
- Gunn and Johnson confirm “Celtic Warrior vs Road Warrior”!
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights