- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Fantasy Springs Announces Sugar Shane Mosley as VIP at 8/9 Boxing
INDIO, CALIF. (August 1, 2013) – Sugar Shane Mosley, a future Hall of Fame boxer who has forged a legacy as one of the sport’s most accomplished fighters of this era, will greet fans at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, Calif. prior to the August 9 ShoBox: The New Generation tripleheader featuring one of the hottest heavyweights in the game, unbeaten knockout artist Deontay “The Bronze Bomber” Wilder, which will be televised live on SHOWTIME®.
A local favorite who first made his name on the Southern California fight scene (including a 1996 fight at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino), Pomona’s Mosley got his big break when he faced IBF Lightweight World Champion Philip Holiday on August 2, 1997. Sugar Shane won the bout by unanimous decision showing off his dazzling speed and power that he later used to clean out the lightweight division. With lightweight conquered, Mosley moved up two divisions to the welterweight and eventually defeated WBC Welterweight World Champion Oscar De La Hoya. In subsequent years, Mosley would win a third divisional title at 154 pounds and continue to fight the best in the game, including Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Antonio Margarito, Fernando Vargas and Miguel Cotto. In his most recent bout on May 18, Mosley defeated Mexican star Pablo Cesar Cano.
Mosley will be on hand to meet fans, sign autographs and take pictures from 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. inside the Fantasy Springs Special Events Center. The meet and greet is open to the public with the purchase of a ticket to the fights.
The event, featuring 2008 Olympic Heavyweight Bronze Medalist Deontay Wilder putting his perfect 28-0 record on the line against former Heavyweight World Champion Sergei Liakhovich in a 10-round main event, unbeaten lightweights Francisco Vargas of Mexico and Cincinnati’s Brandon Bennett meeting in a 10-round match-up and Houston’s undefeated Jermall Charlo risking his unblemished record against Miami veteran Antwone Smith in a 10-round junior middleweight bout, is presented by Golden Boy Promotions sponsored by Corona. . The ShoBox: The New Generation telecast airs live on SHOWTIME at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast). Doors open at 5:00 p.m. PT with the first bell sounding at 5:15 p.m. PT.
Tickets, priced at $25, $35 and $45, are available at the Fantasy Springs Box Office, by
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing