- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
Susi Kentikian to Defend Her Title Against Simona Galassi on Dec. 7
Cologne, November 6, 2013. WBA Female World Flyweight Champion Susi Kentikian will return to the ring on December 7, 2013 at the Porsche Arena in Stuttgart, Germany. She will defend her crown against Italian Simona Galassi on the undercard of the IBF Middleweight Title showdown between Darren Barker and Felix Sturm. Sturm vs. Barker will be broadcasted live on SAT.1 in Germany and on Sky Sports in the UK.
“I’m excited to fight in Stuttgart”, the 26-years old Kentikian, nicknamed the “Killer Queen”, said. “I want to put on a great show for the fans, win spectacularly and leave the ring with my belt.” Kentikian won the WBA title on July 6, 2013 with a clear cut unanimous decision in a rematch over Carina Moreno from the United States. She previously lost to her via disputed decision last December.
On December 7, Kentikian will be in for her first title defense against another high ranked opponent in Simona Galassi. At 41, the Italian belongs to the female flyweight elite and is the current European champion. She has been WBC kingpin at Flyweight, held the IBF belt at Super Flyweight and is now looking to become a 3-Time World Champion.
“Galassi has archived a lot in
her career. She is a great fighter; she’s tall and fights as a southpaw. It will be tough fight but I won’t let her get my title. I will beat her.” 3-Time Middleweight World Champion Felix Sturm
will headline the event at the Porsche Arena in a quest for a fourth crown when he takes on IBF Middleweight Champion Darren Barker from Great Britain. If victorious, Sturm becomes the first German pro fighter to capture four separate championships. Tickets for December 7, 2013 are available online at www.eventim.de or at www.easyticket.de. They can also be bought via telephone at +49-
1805-570070 or at +49-711-2555555.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin