- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Chilemba-Grachev Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- “San Diego Fights: Border War” Set for Friday, April 4th!
- Gulfstream Promotions card featuring Brandon Quarles This Saturday night in Springfield, VA.
- NBCSN Fight Night Only Place to Catch Adamek-Glazkov – Tickets Sold Out!
- Ceylan to fight Urena at the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg
- M-1 Challenge 46 Fact Sheet for Friday in Russia
Sutor announces Friday Night Fights with unbeaten heavyweight Amir Mansour April 12 at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino
DOVER, Del. — Ed Sutor, president and CEO of Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, announces the next Friday Night Fights series event will take place on April 12, in the Rollins Center®. Tickets are on sale now for between $50 – $225 and may be purchased by calling VIP Services at 800-711-5882 or visiting doverdowns.com.
Headlining the event will be heavyweight superstar Amir “Hardcore” Mansour, winner of the World Boxing Foundation Intercontinental heavyweight championship title. Mansour, out of Penns Grove, N.J., has a flawless record of 17 wins, 13 by knockout. In his Jan. 25th appearance at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, Mansour entered the Rollins Center to a standing ovation. Hard-hitting Mansour did not disappoint his fans when he delivered a devastating knockout upon veteran Dominique “Diamond” Alexander in the first round, sending him flying across the ring.
“We feel very fortunate to have witnessed the growth and success now coming to Amir Mansour since his first appearance here in August 2010,” said Sutor. “Because of his continued outstanding, awe-inspiring performances in the ring, Amir is seeing his horizons and opportunities expanding beyond the East Coast. It is his goal to fight the world’s best to prove he is capable of becoming world heavyweight champion.”
Fighters on the undercard are unbeaten Washington, D.C. welterweight Dusty Harrison (13-0, 8 KOs), light welterweight Edgar “El Chamaco” Santana (27-4, 18 KOs), super featherweight Omar “Super O” Douglas (7-0, 5 KOs), super featherweight, multiple title champion “Queen” Ronica Jeffrey (11-0, 1 KO), super middleweight John “Church Boy” Bowman (5-0-1), lightweight Joey Tiberi (8-1, 5 KOs) and cruiserweight Lamont “Problem Solver” Singletary (4-0, 2 KOs).
The first bout will begin at 7:30 p.m. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Will call will be open from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. Visit doverdowns.com for updates. Event, times and card are subject to change or cancellation without notice. For media credentials and interview or photo requests, please contact Lisa Rollins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Anthony Peterson vs. Marcos Jimenez, March 21st ESPN FNF Co-Main
- Vanes Martirosyan Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Al Haymon Signs Baltimore Featherweight Gervonta Davis
- Ekpo wants all the big fights in the world
- Hopkins-Shumenov Announce Light Heavyweight Unification Bout
- Froch/Groves – Promotion for Dummies?