- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Szpilka vs. Mollo on August 16th in Chicago, Illinois
Taking interim bouts over the weekend in their native homelands before their showdowns on Friday, August 16 at Chicago’s U.S. Cellular Field, Home of the Chicago White Sox, heavyweight contender Artur “The Pin” Szpilka and former light heavyweight champion Gabriel “EL Chico Guapo” Campillo were both victorious in dominant fashion.
“Szpilka and Campillo performed well this weekend, however they’re both in for the toughest fights of their lives come August 16 in Chicago against Mollo and Fonfara” said Frank Mugnolo, President of Round 3 Productions. “Chicago boxing fans have been active the last few days and tickets are moving very well since they went on sale this past Wednesday. We’re anticipating a massive crowd for this memorable event at U.S. Cellular Field.”
Fighting in front of a huge crowd in Bydogoszcz, Poland, the 24-year-old Szpilka improved to 15-0-0 (11 KOs) on Saturday night with a 10-round unanimous decision over former world title challenger Brian Minto. Scores were 100-90, 98-92 and 98-93.
Next up for Szpilka will be the highly anticipated rematch with Chicago’s “Merciless” Mike Mollo in the co-feature of ESPN Friday Night Fights on AUGUST 16. In one of the most memorable fights in recent years, Szpilka stopped Mollo in a “blood and guts” war on February 1, 2013, at the UIC Pavilion in the Windy City, which was also telecast on ESPN.
On Friday night, fighting in Sedavi, Spain, Campillo scored a second round stoppage of Ionut Trandafir Ilie, upping his record to 21-5-1 (8 KOs),
Campillo will now prepare for his Chicago debut on AUGUST 16 when he will challenge “The Polish Prince”, IBO Light Heavyweight World Champion Andrzej Fonfara in the main event of the August 16 event.
“The Big Fight 2″ ESPN Friday Night Fights, at U.S. Cellular Field is presented by “The Promoters!!!!”– Round 3 Productions, 8 Count Productions, Warriors Boxing and Ulrich KnockOut Promotions in association with the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority.
Advance tickets priced at $252, $152, $102, $52 and $32 are sale through Ticketmaster (www.Ticketmaster.com, phone 800-745-3000), at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office and the 8 Count Productions Office, (312-226-5800.)
U.S. Cellular Field is located at 333 W. 35th Street, one block west of the Dan Ryan Expressway. Doors on the night of the event will open at 6 p.m. CT with the first bell at 7 p.m. CT.
A full undercard for this sensational event will be announced shortly.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say