- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- United States’ Boxers Undergo Final Preparations for Youth Olympic Games Competition in China
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
Teen Prospect Tommy Martin Back In Action This Friday, Faces Ibrar Riaz at York Hall
St Neots, Cambridgeshire’s exciting teenage prospect Tommy ‘Da Gun’ Martin is back in action this coming Friday, when he takes on the highly experienced Ibrar Riaz on the Johnny Eames TRAD TKO Events promoted BROTHERS IN ARMS event at York Hall in London on Friday 18th October.
Nineteen year old Tommy, who is unbeaten in four outings, put on a stunning performance, when he faced Kristian Laight back in July.
The noticeable step up in form, was clearly due to the fact that Tommy was making his first outing under the expert guidance of his then newly appointment coach Barry Smith.
Tommy oozed confidence from every pore, his movement was sublime and each attack was carried out with precision more akin to that of a Swiss watch movement.
Round by round Tommy schooled the highly experienced Laight like someone with many more years boxing under his belt, picking his shots like a Shogun picks his weapon, Tommy wasted nothing as he systematically tore apart Laight.
Laight put up a great fight, just Tommy was in a class of his own, after four superb all action rounds Ritchie Davies declared the youngster victorious by a shutout 40-36 points margin.
Following yet another full on training session, under the watchful eyes of Barry Smith, at the TRAD TKO Gym in Canning Town, Tommy spoke of his upcoming bout.
“I can’t wait, I’m really enjoying training at the minute, with Barry Smith and Johnny (manager and promoter Johnny Eames).
It’s nice to shake things up a bit, get stuck in with Barry and looking at a different way of fighting now.
We’ve been improving, as shown in the last fight, that’s why I think we’re going off in the same way this time.
It was a big improvement the last fight and we haven’t been out of the gym since then, I’m learning every day and loving it.
Hopefully this’ll be my last four rounder, I’ve been asking for more than six from Johnny but as he says I am only nineteen and he’s putting the reins on me a bit. That’s not a problem as I’m just getting out there and boxing.
I’ve just got a new sponsor onboard, Junction 17 Cars, they’re looking after me while I’m up here in London, making sure that all the financial side is all sorted so I can focus on the boxing and the winning.
I don’t really know anything about my opponent, to be honest I never look into the opponents because I trust my manager, I’m happy just to wait and see on the night.
I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone that has bought tickets again, when you get behind me it makes me want to improve as a fighter so that I can please you lot, so keep coming and I’ll keep fighting well.”
Tommy ‘Da Gun’ Martin versus Ibrar Riaz, features on the undercard of the Nathan Graham Southern Area Light Middleweight Title defense against Freddie Turner, that headlines the Johnny Eames TRAD TKO Events promoted ‘Brothers In Arms’ event at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Friday 18th October 2013.
Tickets, priced £35 (Standard Seated) and £60 (Ringside) are available direct from Tommy or alternatively buy on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com or in person at the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning Town. For further information, or to purchase tickets by phone, call 07960 850645
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook