- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Teen Sensation Shiya Ozgul Keen To Impress On July 5th Debut At York Hall
Dalston, London based teen sensation Shiya Ozgul is set to make his professional debut, on the Dave Murphy, in association with Acourtier Events, promoted ‘Independence Day’ extravaganza at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Friday 5th July.
Just nineteen years of age, yet Shiya has already fought over eighty times as an amateur, during which he not only represented Turkey in various international competitions, but was also crowned Junior Turkish Champion.
With a style more suited to the professional game, it comes as no surprise that rather than compete in his adoptive Country’s amateur competitions that instead he has chosen to make the move to the pro ranks, even at such a tender age.
Following yet another grueling training session, under the watchful eyes of his esteemed coach, former Commonwealth Lightweight Champion Mo Hussein, young Shiya said.
“I’m really excited and looking forward to my pro debut on July 5th.
Had a good amateur career, fought over eighty times and was junior Turkish Champion. I fought for my Country in Germany and France.
I enjoyed fighting as amateur, but I fight like pro, my style is more pro, I like to fight.
I have best trainer, Mo Hussein, he was a Champion, he knows what it takes to win.
I’ve best training and sparring, for this fight been sparring Erick (English Light Middleweight Champion Erick ‘The Eagle’ Ochieng) and Festim (Lama).
Sparred Billy Joe (Brithish & Commonwealth Middleweight Champion Billy Joe Saunders) here, there’s always good sparring here.”
Mo Hussein then added, “He’s had some right good sparring, he’s also been sparring with his brother (Onder Ozgul), also sparred my son Eddie (Ediz Hussein) and loads of different lads here at the TRAD TKO.”
Shiya smiled, then finished with a flourish, by saying, “ My fans they want a knockout, I want to give them what they want.”
Shiya Ozgul, versus a yet to be named opponent, features on the undercard of the Jennifer Rezke – Angel McKenzie World Championship clash, that headlines the Dave Murphy, in association with Acourtier Events, promoted ‘Independence Day’ event, which takes place at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London, on Friday 5th July 2013.
Tickets, priced £30 (Gallery), £35 (Ground floor standard seated) and £65 (Ringside) are available on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com – www.mariannemarston.com – www.acourtier.com – or in person from the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning town – www.tkoboxinggym.com – and Ringtone Gym in Euston – www.ringtonehealthandfitness.com – or from any of the boxers taking part in the event, or call – 07960 850645, 07809 499896 or 07557 641597 for further information.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity