- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Terry “Turbo” Flanagan Signs With Frank Warren
Lightweight hot shot Terry “Turbo” Flanagan has signed an exclusive three year promotional deal with Queensberry Promotions as he looks to breakthrough in 2014 as the country’s premier 135lb fighter.
The unbeaten 24-year-old from Ancoats, Manchester, will be promoted by Frank Warren, Steve Wood will remain as his manager and he will continue to be trained by Steve Maylett as he sets his sights on a British title shot next year.
Southpaw Flanagan, ranked third in Britain, is unbeaten in 22 fights with 7 knockouts and has won the the English Super-Featherweight crown. In 2012 he won the Prizefighter lightweight tournament, that included wins over current Commonwealth lightweight Champion Derry Matthews and former British Super-Featherweight Champion Gary Sykes. And despite lifting the trophy, potential showdowns against rivals like Anthony Crolla never materialised.
This year he’s racked up three solid wins: a sensational fourth round stoppage of former Unified World Lightweight champion Nate Campbell in April; a second round stoppage of Michael Grant in October and last month’s six-round points win over Michael Dufek.
With Hall of Fame promoter Warren now in his corner and the Channel of Champions BoxNation set to televise his fights, Flanagan is ready to make a big noise in the talent packed domestic lightweight division next year.
“I’m really excited to sign with Frank Warren and take my career to the next level. This is going to be a really exciting time and with Frank’s guidance I know that the opportunities will now come my way,” Said Flanagan.
“The lightweight division is probably the most talent packed in Britain, for some reason I’ve been avoided by the other fighters, but now with Frank and BoxNation’s backing we can force these fights to happen. I want the British Champion Martin Gethin, he’s my main target, Commonwealth champion Derry Mathews is also in my sights, I know I can beat the likes of Anthony Crolla, and I aim to prove it this year,”
“I’m looking forward to my fights being screened on BoxNation who have established themselves in a short time to become the place to watch big-time boxing with huge names like Floyd Mayweather Jnr. and Manny Pacquiao and some of the best domestic action.”
Steve Wood added, “This is a great move for Terry and I’m really happy for him. Terry is in a great position heading into the new year and with Frank promoting him he can go on to become a big star. He can really fight and I believe in his ability and I can’t wait to see him fulfill his potential.”
Warren said, “I’m delighted to welcome Terry to the team. He’s a great signing to end the year with and I’m looking forward to getting to work on him. I’ve been impressed with his performances for a while now and I think he could become a big name in British boxing.”
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity