The One You’ve All Been Screaming For! – Line-Up Confirmed
The fight card for It’s-A-Bout-Boxing’s first show of the new season has been finalised as has the rest of what promises to be a scarily good evening!
The dynamic boxing promotions company, the brainchild of Promoter Marcus Anderson, return to the Institute, Digbeth this Friday, 13th September.
R&B, grime and hip hop star DJ Ironik, will be performing throughout the evening and in between bouts. The critically acclaimed DJ will be spinning a host of tracks including his UK top 10 hits; ‘Stay With Me’, ‘Tiny Dancer (Hold Me Closer)’ and ‘I Got Soul’. If that wasn’t enough, renowned Glamour and Lingerie mode, Natalie Law, will be trying her hand at Mc’ing as It’s-A-Bout-Boxing build on their growing reputation as innovators not imitators in the world of pro boxing.
A host of celebrities including TOWIE’s Nicola Goodger, Ricky and Jay from Geordie Shore, Jethro Sheeran, the X-Factor’s Chris Maloney, Big Brother’s Thomas O’Connell and Alex Rose Lee will all be in attendance along with Big Joe Egan and Vas Blackwood – the new faces of It’s-A-Bout-Boxing.
‘Friday 13th’ features terrifying tussles and plenty of things that go bump in the night. The line up is frightening.
Topping the bill is a British Masters title fight between Chris Truman and Sean Lewis.
The welterweight pair are ready to go toe-to-toe for a British Masters strap after Truman’s opponent changed from Stephen Jennings to Alan Quinn and now to Liverpool’s Lewis.
Welsh light-middleweight, Warren Sinden, who wowed the packed Birmingham crowd last time out with a convincing points victory over previously unbeaten Disney Huni, is also in action. ‘Big Rig’ takes on tough southpaw Rick Boulter over 4 x 3’s.
Dudley’s Ryan Aston, fresh from his British Masters Super Middleweight Title victory, steps in with Czech Josef Obeslo over 6 x 3’s.
Worcester’s Michael ‘Mad Man’ Mooney takes on Amadur Rahman at light welterweight whilst Chelmsley Wood’s Ainsley Seivwright faces off against Harvey Hemsley at super featherweight.
Unbeaten super middleweight, Andrew ‘D’Animal’ Robinson will be looking to make it 8 in a row. The Brummie boxer takes on Graham Tirrell over 6 x 3’s
Coventry’s unbeaten heavyweight, Mike O’Hagan, young prospect Samson ‘Slick’ Sykes and youngster Mikey Boyles also feature on what is sure to be a fiendishly good night of boxing. O’Hagan’s opponent is yet to be confirmed whilst Sykes takes on Czech Miroslav Prochazka at bantamweight and Boyles takes on experienced Keiron Gray at light middleweight.
Tickets are just £25 General, £50 Ringside and £75 VIP Ringside. They are by calling the Box Office on 0845 467 3930 or 07888 870 650.
The show will also be broadcast on Showcase TV (SKy Channel 191, FreeSat Channel 400) on Sunday, 22nd September and will be repeated the following Wednesday.
To find out more about It’s-A-Bout-Boxing, visit www.itsaboutboxing.com.
- Injury blow forces Joshua out of ExCeL return – Paul Smith added to bill
- Ilungu Makubu vs Pawel Kolodziej on Golovkin/Adama Undercard
- Braekhus to fight Myriam Lamare in Frederikshavn on January 18
- Lennox Clarke Back In Action
- Beard Backs Malinga To Beat Hall For World Crown
- ‘Rocky’ Returns After Two Years Out At Wigan
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed