- Hernandez and Arslan respectful, confident of victory!
- Demetrius Andrade invades Liverpool, England
- “Lara is one of the best I’ll ever face” admits Canelo on eve of eagerly anticipated clash live on Boxnation
- Boxing After Dark returns August 2
- Antoine Douglas headlines quadruple header on Sho Box July 25 at Turning Stone Resort Casino
- Road to Golovkin/Geale Premieres Tomorrow on HBO
The Pugilist KOrner: Bruce Trampler, Paulie Malignaggi, Abel Sanchez, Peter Quillin, Don Chargin, and Deontay Wilder
Tonight at 9PM EST/6PM PST, “The Sports Krib” proudly presents Hall of Fame matchmaker Bruce Trampler, two division world champion Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi, expert trainer Abel Sanchez, WBO Middleweight Champion Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin, legendary matchmaker and promoter Don “War a Week” Chargin, and American Heavyweight hopeful Deontay Wilder on tonight’s episode of “The Pugilist KOrner”!!
Pugilist KOrner listener line: 718-506-1506
It is an honor to feature legendary matchmaker and 2010 Hall of Fame inductee Bruce Trampler to the Pugilist KOrner. After four decades in the boxing industry, Bruce has helped cultivate boxing biggest stars, including Oscar De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Miguel Cotto. The heralded matchmaker will discuss the current state of the sport, as well as its future. Bruce will also talk about the art of matchmaking and the challenging task of cultivating a prospect.
Making his way back to the show will be two division world champion Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi (32-5, 7 KOs). The always entertaining Welterweight contender will discuss his upcoming bout with fellow two division world champion Zab “Super” Judah, which is set to take place on December 7th, in Brooklyn , New York.
Also returning to the program will be expert trainer Abel Sanchez. The Big Bear Lake based boxing coach will discuss Gennady Golovkin’s upcoming WBA Middleweight title defense against hard punching Curtis Stevens, which is slated to take place at the Mecca of boxing, Madison Square Garden, on November 2nd. The highly anticipated match-up will be broadcast on HBO World Championship Boxing.
Kicking off the second hour of the show will be current WBO Middleweight Champion “Kid Chocolate” Peter Quillin (29-0, 21 KOs). The talented Brooklyn resident will discuss his upcoming defense against Gabriel Rosado, which is scheduled to go down this Saturday night at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. It will be the co-main event of the evening, in support of the return of Bernard Hopkins, which will be broadcast on Showtime this weekend.
It is always a genuine honor to welcome back legendary matchmaker and promoter Mr. Don “War a Week” Chargin. The six decade boxing icon will discuss the business of the sweet science, as well as the constant quandary of making the best fights possible for the great fans of boxing. The Hall of Fame promoter will also talk about future match-ups, as well as already scheduled events on the boxing calendar.
To close out this week’s edition of The Pugilist KOrner will be American Heavyweight hopeful Deontay Wilder (29-0, 29 KOs). The hard punching fighter from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, will discuss his upcoming bout with fight veteran Nikolai Firtha on the undercard of the Bernard Hopkins/Karo Murat special event, taking place this Saturday night in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Tonight’s two hour program will be hosted by boxing writer and ring announcer Joseph Herron, and producer and radio commentator James King III.
Tune in to “The Pugilist KOrner” tonight at 9PM EST/6PM PST!!
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Live Stream: Canelo vs Lara Weigh-In at 6 ET/3 PT
- Cleverly: Tomorrow is the calm before the Bellew storm
- Alvarez vs. Lara – A fight for Alvarez to lose
- Canelo-Lara Fight Week Coverage – Presser
- Mayweather vs. Maidana II Set For Sept. 13 Live on SHO PPV
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara: Winner enters elite ranks
- Bradley Up For A Miguel Cotto Fight