- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
- Angel “Memo” Heredia Confirmed for Inaugural Box Fan Expo
- Martin Lindsay in action on March 25th
- London MBC Sanctioned Event A Huge Success – Further UK Events Planned
- Rudd, Cindy Luna, Raquel Pennington, Sarah Kaufman on LAST CALL
The Pugilist KOrner: Sugar Hill, Joel Diaz, Lamont Peterson, Jermell Charlo, Gary Russell Sr., and Bruno Escalante
Tonight at 9PM EST/6PM PST, “JEK III Productions” presents Kronk Gym trainer Javan “Sugar“ Hill, Timothy Bradley trainer Joel Diaz, IBF Junior Welterweight Champion Lamont Peterson, Junior Welterweight prospect Jermell Charlo, expert trainer and boxing mentor Gary Russell Sr., and Super Flyweight prospect Bruno “Aloha Kid” Escalante on tonight’s two hour episode of “The Pugilist KOrner”.
It’s a privilege to welcome Kronk Gym trainer Javan “Sugar” Hill to the Pugilist KOrner. The hungry young boxing mentor will discuss Adonis Stevenson’s dominant performance over Tony “The Bomber” Bellew on November 30th, as well as the prospect of facing Sergey Kovalev in 2014. “Sugar” Hill will also talk about Anthony Dirrell’s opportunity to fight for the WBC Super Middleweight title, which will take place this Saturday night against incumbent champ Sakio Bika.
Making his way back to “The Pugilist KOrner” will be 2013 trainer of the year candidate Joel Diaz. The former Lightweight contender will discuss Timothy Bradley’s plans for 2013, as well as his thoughts on a potential rematch with eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao in April of next year.
The Pugilist KOrner is proud to welcome to the show once again, IBF Junior Welterweight Champion Lamont “Havoc“ Peterson (31-2-1, 16 KOs). The DMV based fighter will discuss his upcoming title defense against undefeated challenger Dierry Jean (25-0, 17 KOs), which has been slated for a January 25th date in Washington DC.
Also appearing on the show once again will be Junior Middleweight contender Jermell “Iron Man” Charlo (22-0, 11 KOs). The talented Houston resident will talk about his upcoming January 25th meeting with two time world title challenger Garbriel Rosado (21-7, 13 KOs), as well as the “war of words” that has taken place in the Twitter arena of the last several days.
It’s always an honor to feature expert trainer and fight mentor Gary Russell Sr. to the show. The DC based boxing coach will discuss his son’s future in the Featherweight and Junior Lightweight divisions, and also talk about the role boxing plays in developing youths throughout the inner cities of major metropolitan areas.
In the final segment of the program, The Pugilist KOrner is proud to feature Super Flyweight prospect “The Aloha Kid” Bruno Escalante (10-1-1, 5 KOs). The talented pugilist will discuss this Saturday night’s big event against the always tough Michael Ruiz for the IBA Super Flyweight title. The fight is set to take place at the Sports House in Redwood City, California.
Tonight’s two hour program will be hosted by producer and radio commentator James E. King III, and boxing writer and ring announcer Joseph Herron.
To listen to tonight’s program, please click on the attached link or dial 718-506-1506.
Pugilist KOrner link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wcsteelerfan/2013/12/04/tha-pugilist-korner
Join us tonight at 9PM EST/6PM PST!!
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?