- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
The WBC Celebrates its United States Heavyweight Champion Magomed Abdusalamov
The WBC wishes to express its pride in Magomed “Mago” Abdusalamov, the WBC U.S. heavyweight champion, for his latest win over a strong contender and his activity in putting his title on the line again in only six weeks.
Last week, Mago earned a hard-fought battle over Puerto Rican Olympian Victor Bisbal in a fight telecast across the USA on ESPN’s “Friday Night Fights.” Mago increased his undefeated record to 17 wins, all by knockout/TKO, knocking Bisbal down and causing the fight to be stopped in the fifth round.
Abdusalamov proved again that he is willing to challenge all contenders, handing Bisbal only his second loss (and his first since 2006), and now with a record of won 21 (15) – 2. A decorated ring veteran, Bisbal fought on the 2004 Puerto Rican Olympic Team. He also won gold at the 2002 Central American and Caribbean Games and a bronze at the 2003 Pan American Games.
This week, Mago’s promoter, Sampson Lewkowicz, announced that Abdusalamov would stay very active and immediately make his next title defense against challenger Sebastian Ceballos 33 (25)-7-2, on the same show on which WBC world middleweight champion Sergio “Maravilla” Martinez will defend his WBC crown against Martin Murray in Buenos Aries on April 27.
The WBC and its United States National Boxing Championships committee (USNBC) commends Magomed Abdusalamov for his activity, his willingness to challenge all opposition, and his loyalty to the WBC.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity