- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Thomas Dulorme has officially signed to fight Francisco Figueroa on Geale vs. Barker undercard
Its official, highly touted Puerto Rican boxer, Thomas Dulorme (18-1, 13 KO’s) has an opponent for his upcoming fight on August, 17 as part of an HBO Latino special broadcast starting at 12:30 a.m ET (Sunday) at the Revel Casino-Hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Dulorme has signed to fight fellow boricua, Francisco “El Gato” Figueroa (20-5-1, 13 KO’s) from the Bronx, New York, who has only been KO’d by former world champion, Randall Bailey in 2009.
This boxing event will be headlined by two 12-round championship fights. IBF middleweight champion, Daniel Geale will be facing Darren Barker in the main event and co-featured by IBF super bantamweight champion, Jhonatan Romero against Kiko Martínez. Both fights will be televised live on HBO BOXING AFTER DARK® beginning at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT.
Since losing his unbeaten record against Luis Abregu in October 2012, Dulorme and his team decided to go down to junior welterweight where he has shown great strength.
“I’m very grateful to my promoters, Gary Shaw, Javier Bustillo and Lou DiBella for giving me this opportunity. Figueroa is a fighter that always trains hard and comes to fight, and I must be well prepared to deal with him” said the 23 years old Dulorme, “I feel very strong and faster at the junior welterweight division and I will prove it on August 17 on HBO Latino.”
“The addition of Dulorme vs. Figueroa brings me great pleasure because the card is already stacked with two fantastic main event attractions and this fight is going to be explosive,” said Gary Shaw. “The Revel is kicking off their boxing debut with a bang and the fans will be in for a great night of boxing.”
“The fans will be surprised with Dulorme’s speed and power. He will be a world champion soon” Javier Bustillo said.
“Dulorme is on a mission to get back into title contention and I’m very excited about his future.” Lou DibBella stated. “I know Thomas will be more explosive at Jr. Welterweight. Figueroa will be a stiff test, one I believe Dulorme will shine in.”
On February 21, Dulorme defeated an overweight Eddie Brooks by first-round knockout and in his last outing he defeated veteran Ben Ankrah in April via unanimous decision.
Dulorme is a member of “Team Puerto Rico Boxing”, a prominent boxing promotional group featuring Gary Shaw Productions, DiBella Entertainment and Universal Promotions.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In