- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Thompson Boxing Promotions & Time Warner Cable Deportes Announce Broadcast Dates
ORANGE, Calif. (Dec. 11, 2013) – Time Warner Cable Deportes, the nation’s first-ever 24/7 Spanish-language regional sports network, and Thompson Boxing Promotions, Southern California’s premiere boxing promotional company, are proud to announce a programming agreement that will see the cable giant air “Boxeo Estelar,” a weekly, one-hour boxing telecast featuring high quality, entertaining fights in full high-definition beginning Thursday, Dec. 12 at 8:00 p.m. PT.
The initial broadcast features welterweight contender Aron Martinez (19-2, 4 KOs) of Los Angeles against Alberto Herrera (9-10, 5 KOs) of Riverside, Calif. in an 8-round bout. Additionally, as part of the agreement, Thompson Boxing will simulcast “Boxeo Estelar” on its website at thompsonboxing.com. Shows will be available, through the Thompson Boxing website, on a 24/7 basis after their initial broadcast time.
Calling the action ringside is veteran play-by-play announcer Carlos Avilas, while former world champion and likely Hall of Fame inductee Israel “El Magnifico” Vazquez handles color commentating duties. “Boxeo Estelar” is produced by Alex Camponovo of Thompson Boxing and directed by Tim Guerrero.
“We are extremely excited about our new relationship with Time Warner Cable Deportes,” said Ken Thompson, president of Thompson Boxing. “This agreement will allow us to reach boxing fans across various states, provide television exposure to our young and talented roster, and more importantly, showcase high caliber fights to a diverse group of sports fans.”
“Our viewers are passionate boxing fans and we know they are excited to hear about our new partnership with Thompson Boxing,” said Pablo F. Urquiza, vice president of Time Warner Cable Deportes. “Boxing fans can expect great fights with the kind of outstanding, top quality productions that our viewership has come to expect.”
Time Warner Cable Deportes will exclusively air the popular “Path to Glory,” Locked ‘n Loaded” and “New Blood” boxing series that Thompson Boxing promoted this past year from various locations in Southern California. Thompson Boxing promotes its first boxing event of the upcoming year on Friday, Feb. 28 from the Doubletree Hotel in Ontario, Calif. In the meantime, boxing fans will have an opportunity to watch some of the year’s most exciting fights on Time Warner Cable Deportes.
The second installment of “Boxeo Estelar” airs Thursday, Dec. 19 at 8:00 p.m. PT featuring top welterweight contender and knockout artist Artemio “King” Reyes (21-2, 17 KOs) of Colton, Calif. against Rodolfo Armenta (13-11, 10 KOs) of Arizona in an 8-round bout.
The December broadcast schedule is as follows (all times Pacific). Please check your local cable or satellite provider for times in your area.
TIME WARNER CABLE DEPORTES
Thursday, Dec. 12 – 8:00 p.m. PT
Aron Martinez vs. Alberto Herrera
(re-airs: Thu. Dec. 12, 11:00 p.m, Fri. Dec. 13, 11:00 a.m., Sun. Dec. 15, 9:00 a.m., Tue. Dec. 24, 10:00 a.m.)
Thursday, Dec. 19 – 8:00 p.m. PT
Artemio Reyes vs. Rodolfo Armenta
(re-airs: Thu. Dec. 19, 11:00 p.m., Fri. Dec. 20, Noon, Sat. Dec. 21, 10:00 a.m., Sun. Dec. 22, 9:00 a.m., Tue. Dec. 24, 11:00 a.m.)
Additional Broadcast Dates (times to be announced shortly)
Thursday, Dec. 26
Friday, Jan. 3
Friday, Jan. 10
Friday, Jan. 17
Friday Jan. 24
Friday, Jan. 31
Friday, Feb. 7
Friday, Feb. 14
Friday, Feb. 21
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES