- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
- GOLOVKIN 165, RUBIO 174.5 AT 30-DAY WBC WEIGH IN
Carlos Molina vs. Cory Spinks this Friday, February 1st
CHICAGO, IL (January 27, 2013) Advance tickets for the FEBRUARY 1 ESPN Friday Night Fights professional boxing event at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago are selling at a record pace according to promoter Dominic Pesoli of 8 Count Productions.
“This show will mark the 15 Year Anniversary of 8 Count Productions promoting events in Chicago and I’ve never seen tickets move so fast for one of our shows,” said Pesoli. “Our last two events at the UIC Pavilion in July and November saw massive crowds and we’re on track for higher tickets sales for this event.”
“At this point a limited amount of floor seats are still available with GA’s moving very fast, well exceeding our last two events.” General Admission tickets priced at $30 will be available throughout fight week through Ticketmaster, (www.ticketmaster.com, 1-800-745-3000) and on the night of the event at the UIC Pavilion Box Office (312-413-5740).
Headlined by a sensational Junior Middleweight IBF Title Eliminator clash between No. 4 world ranked contender “KING” Carlos Molina of Chicago, IL and two-division and five-time world champion Cory “Next Generation” Spinks, ESPN Friday Night Fights is presented by 8 Count Productions, Round 3 Productions, Warriors Boxing and Blue Wave Boxing in association with Don King Productions.
“The main event along with the terrific undercard my partners and I have put together has truly made this a must-see event on the Chicago sports scene. Additionally, the sport of boxing is seeing a tremendous resurgence across the country” continued Pesoli.
“With so much national media attention to the Pacquiao/Marquez 4 fight and the terrific ratings for the CBS and NBC broadcasts the following two Saturday afternoons in December along with ESPN Friday Night Fights telecasts, boxing is being made available across numerous platforms and fans want to see the fights LIVE as our advance ticket sales are showing.”
The FEBRUARY 1 undercard is headlined by a scheduled ten round Chicago heavyweight grudge match between fan favorite and perennial contender “Merciless” Mike Mollo of Oak Lawn, Illinois and Poland’s undefeated heavyweight prospect Artur “The Pin” Szpilka of Wieliczka, Poland.
“Right off the bat both Mollo and Szpilka have been going at each other in the press. Mollo was born and raised in Chicago and is very popular here while Szpilka will have a tremendous amount of support from the local Polish community.”
The co-main event of ESPN Friday Night Fights features the return of Mexican boxing legend Jose Luis “EL Temible” Castillo in a ten-round welterweight clash against heralded Miami based prospect Antwone “The Truth” Smith.
This past JULY 13 at the UIC Pavilion, Castillo stopped popular Chicago veteran Ivan Popoca in the eighth round in a memorable “blood and guts” battle.
Rounding out the FEBRUARY 1 card at the UIC Pavilion in separate bouts are local fan favorites; super middleweight contender Donovan “Da Bomb” George, undefeated light heavyweight prospect Mike “Hollywood” Jimenez, welterweight prospect Jaime Herrera, former cruiserweight amateur standout Junior Wright, featherweight prospect Sergio Montes de Oca and newcomer “Irish” Jimmy Murphy.
The UIC Pavilion is located at 525 S. Racine, at the corner of Harrison and Racine on the campus of University of Illinois-Chicago. Doors on the night of the event will open at 7pm with the first bell at 8:00pm.
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down