- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
Tickets on Sale Today for April 19 Friday Night Fights in Atlantic City
Tickets start at $40 and go on sale today (Tuesday, April 2) at 5 pm ET for the Friday, April 19, 2013, “Fortuna vs. Zamudio”, a night of world-championship professional boxing being presented by Sampson Boxing at the Tropicana Casino & Resort in Atlantic City and live on ESPN Friday Night Fights. In the night’s main event, La Romana, Dominican Republic’s dynamic Javier “El Abejon” Fortuna (21-0, 15 KOs) will defend his interim WBA World featherweight title against Sinaloa, Mexico’s Miguel “Mikol” Zamudio (25-1-1, 13 KOs) in an intriguing 12-round clash.
This will be the first title defense for the always exciting Fortuna, who won the crown last December against Ireland’s Patrick Hyland via 12-round decision.
Also scheduled for televised battle are St. Thomas, Virgin Islands’ promising, once-beaten John “Dah Rock” Jackson (15-1, 14 KOs) and St. Paul, Minnesota’s undefeated “Sir” Cerresso Fort (16-0-1, 11 KOs), who will lock up in a six-round junior middleweight war.
Completing the televised tripleheader will be Ghana’s Emmanuel Lartei Lartey (14-0-1, 7 KOs) taking on the Dominican Republic’s Jonathan Batista (13-0, 6 KOs) in a six/eight-round welterweight battle of undefeateds.
Sampson Boxing President, Sampson Lewkowicz, says he’s excited to be bringing an event like this to the Tropicana.
“This is going to be a great show. We have a world-championship fight in the main event between a Dominican and a Mexican, so that will be very exciting and the two supporting bouts are between top up-and-coming fighters. It’s a terrific night of boxing and I’m very happy to be able to bring it to a world-class casino like the Tropicana.”
After 5 pm today, tickets for “Fortuna vs. Zamudio” will be available at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster.com, by calling 1-800-745-3000 or at the Tropicana box office on fight night.
Four other bouts featuring local favorites are also scheduled and will be announced shortly. On fight night, doors open @ 6:30 pm and the first fight is at 7:00. The Tropicana Casino & Resort is located at 2831 Boardwalk in Atlantic City.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…