- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Tom Stokes Looking For Hat-Trick Of Victories
Tom Stokes is looking to make it a hat-trick of victories when he takes on experienced boxer Danny Donchev next Saturday (16th November) on EJKO Promotions’ ‘Double Trouble 2’ show at Walsall Town Hall.
The 18 year-old has made a solid start to life in the paid ranks, chalking up points victories over Bheki Moyo and Matt Seawright since turning professional in May.
The West Bromwich-born welterweight is pleased with how he has adapted to life as a pro boxer and is ready to claim a third successive victory when he steps in with Bulgarian-born Donchev.
“I’m looking forward to it,” he told www.uko-boxing.com. “I’ve been training for a good few weeks now and I’m feeling sharp. I’ve been pleased with how I’ve done so far.
“Bheki Moyo is a defensive fighter and Matt Seawright is very awkward. He dips really low and is hard to hit.
“Danny is an experienced fighter so it will be another learning curve tonight.”
As an amateur, Stokes fought out of both Wednesbury ABC and Wodensborough ABC. He now trains out of Errol Johnson’s Wednesbury Boxing Academy and is believes he is learning all the time working alongside the likes of British champion, Martin Gethin, and British Masters Champion, Jason Welborn.
“It’s great to be working with top fighters,” he added. “Martin and Jason are nice blokes too and always offer advice. They’re good to be around and they help you all the time.
“I’m definitely improving by being around them.”
Tickets, priced at £30 and £60 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900.
The top of the ‘Double Trouble 2’ bill sees Cradley’s Chris Male takes on Coventry’s Troy James in a British Super Featherweight Title Eliminator whilst Stourbridge’s former Midlands Area Welterweight Champion, Steven Pearce takes on Stafford’s Rob Hunt for a British Masters Welterweight strap.
Walsall’s Chris Keane takes on Jiri Svacina from Czech Republic as chief support to the two main contests and ‘Tipton Slasher’ Lee Glover steps in with Igor Tsujev at super featherweight.
Halesowen super middleweight Lennox Clarke debuts against Congo-born Didier Blanch and fellow debutant, Tipton flyweight Ainsley Ratcliffe, steps in with Csaba Kovacs. Stafford’s Grant Cunningham and Stoke’s Andy Keates have both withdrawn.
Tickets, priced at £30 and £60 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. The aftershow party will take place at The Pitch Sports Bar and Grill, Bridge Street, Walsall.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?