- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
Tom Stokes Looking For Hat-Trick Of Victories
Tom Stokes is looking to make it a hat-trick of victories when he takes on experienced boxer Danny Donchev next Saturday (16th November) on EJKO Promotions’ ‘Double Trouble 2’ show at Walsall Town Hall.
The 18 year-old has made a solid start to life in the paid ranks, chalking up points victories over Bheki Moyo and Matt Seawright since turning professional in May.
The West Bromwich-born welterweight is pleased with how he has adapted to life as a pro boxer and is ready to claim a third successive victory when he steps in with Bulgarian-born Donchev.
“I’m looking forward to it,” he told www.uko-boxing.com. “I’ve been training for a good few weeks now and I’m feeling sharp. I’ve been pleased with how I’ve done so far.
“Bheki Moyo is a defensive fighter and Matt Seawright is very awkward. He dips really low and is hard to hit.
“Danny is an experienced fighter so it will be another learning curve tonight.”
As an amateur, Stokes fought out of both Wednesbury ABC and Wodensborough ABC. He now trains out of Errol Johnson’s Wednesbury Boxing Academy and is believes he is learning all the time working alongside the likes of British champion, Martin Gethin, and British Masters Champion, Jason Welborn.
“It’s great to be working with top fighters,” he added. “Martin and Jason are nice blokes too and always offer advice. They’re good to be around and they help you all the time.
“I’m definitely improving by being around them.”
Tickets, priced at £30 and £60 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900.
The top of the ‘Double Trouble 2’ bill sees Cradley’s Chris Male takes on Coventry’s Troy James in a British Super Featherweight Title Eliminator whilst Stourbridge’s former Midlands Area Welterweight Champion, Steven Pearce takes on Stafford’s Rob Hunt for a British Masters Welterweight strap.
Walsall’s Chris Keane takes on Jiri Svacina from Czech Republic as chief support to the two main contests and ‘Tipton Slasher’ Lee Glover steps in with Igor Tsujev at super featherweight.
Halesowen super middleweight Lennox Clarke debuts against Congo-born Didier Blanch and fellow debutant, Tipton flyweight Ainsley Ratcliffe, steps in with Csaba Kovacs. Stafford’s Grant Cunningham and Stoke’s Andy Keates have both withdrawn.
Tickets, priced at £30 and £60 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. The aftershow party will take place at The Pitch Sports Bar and Grill, Bridge Street, Walsall.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say