- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
Tonight at 9:00 p.m. on MSG Network’s “Friday Night Fights”: Riddick Bowe vs. Evander Holyfield III
Tonight at 9:00 p.m. on MSG Network’s “Friday Night Fights,” hosted by John Duddy and Mark Breland: Riddick Bowe vs. Evander Holyfield III (4/11/95).
The third fight of an epic trilogy between Riddick Bowe and Evander Holyfield, this rubber match featured two events that had never happened before. In the sixth round, Holyfield tagged Bowe on the chin with a left hook and knocked the big man down for the first time in his professional career. Bowe regained his composure and two rounds later sent Holyfield to the mat. Although Holyfield got back on his feet under the ten count, Bowe sent him right back down with two rights to the head and the fight was stopped – a first for Holyfield.
Breland: “Evander is relentless and when he throws punches, he throws his hips and everything. He caught Bowe with a nice left hook.”
Duddy: “But Bowe would get back up…how did he survive?”
Breland: “Like our trainer George Washington taught us, when you get knocked down, just get up and go to a neutral corner…and once he was in the corner, he kept Evander off with the jab.”
Friday Night Fights is part of MSG Network’s Summer Block Party. For more information go to www.msg.com/summer and join the conversation on Twitter with @MSGNetworks.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent