- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- United States’ Boxers Undergo Final Preparations for Youth Olympic Games Competition in China
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
Tony Dovolani Challenges Tyson Fury To a Dance Off
Everyone knows that Dancing With the Stars champ and pro dancer, Tony Dovolani has had a major impact in the world of ballroom dance, but Dovolani has another life as a boxing manager. Dovolani, a major fan of boxing his entire life, is very serious about getting more involved in the sport of the Sweet Science.
Dovolani partnered with his uncle Reggie Dovolani, cousin Ajet Dovolani and longtime business associate Louis LaRose to form Dovolani Boxing. The latest edition to the Dovolani Boxing stable is Kosovo’s Sevdail Sherifi, 9-1-2, 8 KO’s. Sherifi will be fighting at The Theater at Madison Square Garden on Saturday afternoon, April 20th Tyson Fury – Steve Cunningham undercard in a 6 round cruiserweight match.
Dovolani learned that 6’9″ Tyson Fury has incorporated dance into his training and was delighted with the revelation. He immediately issued a challenge to Fury to participate in a Dance Off.
When Fury learned of this challenge at a press conference to announce the April 20th fight, he did not hesitate to accept and asked Dovolani to name the time and place.
Check in every Monday for more of “Tony Dovolani’s Weekly Boxing Muse” at www.youtube.com/meboxingseries
Tony Dovolani’s “Dancing With The Stars” partner for season 16 is country music legend Wynonna Judd.
Tony and his partner, Melissa Rycroft, were season 15 “Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars’” Mirror Ball champions.
APRIL 20th FIGHT INFO:
April 20th at The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York features a 12-round heavyweight battle between Tyson Fury and Steve Cunningham in the main event. Curtis Stevens will take on Derrick Findley in the 8-round middleweight co-feature. Six additional bouts are planned for the undercard. The main event and co-feature will be broadcast 4PM ET on NBC as a special 2 hour afternoon presentation of NBC Sports Fight Night. The card is presented by Hennessy Sports and Main Events.
The main event is an official IBF Heavyweight Voluntary Eliminator fight for the #2 position. The winner must meet #1 or the leading available contender to establish the mandatory challenger for Heavyweight King Wladimir Klitschko.
Tickets are priced at $25, $50, $100, $250 and $500. Tickets are available at the Madison Square Garden box office, through Ticketmaster 866-858-0008 and at ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices include a $5 Facility Surcharge. Ticketmaster purchases are subject to a Ticketmaster Surcharge. Wheelchairs, companion seats, aisle seats and Assistive Listening Devices are available 212-465-6035.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook