- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Top Canadian Prospects Norrad and Brewer See Action This Saturday in Shediac, New Brunswick
Shediac, New Brunswick – On Saturday, May 11, Canadian cruiserweight champion Chris Norrad (11-0-0, 6KO) and undefeated light middleweight Brandon Brewer (6-0-1, 3KO), two of the Canada’s top pugilistic prospects, will show their stuff in Shediac, New Brunswick, as the main attractions for Fightin’ Fisherman Promotions presents “Shediac Fight Fest.’’
Norrad will be looking to bring Alex Hamel’s (3-0-0, 3KO) three fight winning streak to an end in an eight round cruiserweight contest, while Brewer will be keeping busy against the always exciting Emmanuel Guzman (1-6-0) of Montreal in a middleweight six rounder.
“Both of these guys are blue chip prospects,” explained manager GM Ross. “They’re at the top of their weight classes in Canada. Although Brandon is in fact a light middleweight, he is considered the number one middleweight contender in the nation by the Canadian Professional Boxing Council, while Chris is the reigning Canadian cruiserweight champion, as recognized by the NABA. Fight fans in Shediac are in for a national caliber fight card on Saturday night. I can’t thank them enough for putting on this show. It should be the start of a wonderful fight series in Shediac for 2013.”
Although both men are considered top contenders in Canada, neither is taking Saturday lightly. “I’ve been training hard,” explained Canadian champ Chris Norrad. “I’ve been going into the Fredericton Boxing Club to work with their guys. Most recently I got some good sparring with Travis Connors. He’s a top prospect out here and pushes me to the next level.” Brewer has also been pushing himself against top notch sparring, including Travis Connors (6-2-0, 3KO). “I’ve been working harder than ever for this upcoming fight. I’ve been lucky enough to spar with national amateur team member Brody Blair of Nova Scotia and light heavyweight pro prospect Travis Connors. I’ll be faster and stronger than ever before. I can’t wait to show the fans in Shediac what I’ve been working on.”
The action in Shediac kicks off at 7PM at the Festival Arena. Tickets are now available at CC’s Lounge and Bayou’s Restaurant in Shediac and Frank’s Music in Moncton.
About Chris Norrad: Based in Boisetown, New Brunswick, Chris Norrad (11-0-0, 6KO) is the undefeated NABA Canada cruiserweight champion. Norrad broke into the professional boxing business via Dwayne Storey’s Moncton-based “Next Great Heavyweight” Tournament in 2009. Through remarkable dedication to his craft, Norrad fought his way to the upper echelons of the Canadian cruiserweight division, earning high praise from each of Canada’s championship sanctioning bodies. At the moment, the National Championships of Canada (NCC), Canadian Professional Boxing Council (CPBC), and National Boxing Authority (NBA) all rate Norrad as #3 in Canada.
About Brandon Brewer: Based in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Brandon Brewer has quickly become one of the most promising light middleweights in Canada. With wins over the very tough Ted Reno (3-5-2), Maritime standout Mike Stauffer (3-1-0, 2KO), and Montreal prospect Glisandy Mejia (3-2-0, 2KO), Brewer is considered a leading contender for the Canadian championship. He is currently ranked #1 by the Canadian Professional Boxing Council and #2 by the National Boxing Authority.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity