- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Canelo Alvarez Impresses In Controversial TKO Victory Over Alfredo Angulo, Saturday on SHOWTIME PPV
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Floyd "Money" Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- Canelo with huge advantage over Angulo in punch stats
- Cotto vs. Martinez: Saturday, June 7 Presented Live by HBO Pay-Per-View
- Zhang Zhilei Quotables
- ZHANG ZHILEI Bio – Chinese Olympic Silver Medalist Signs with Duva’s Dynasty Boxing
- Chicago Phenoms Kenneth Sims Jr. and Eduardo Martinez Speak on Making Their Pro Debuts
- Fight Report – Martin steals the show as Turner and McIntyre Add Further Titles
- M-1 Global light heavyweight title fight Friday headlines M-1 Challenge 46
Julian Williams vs. Joachim Alcine on June 22nd in Brooklyn, New York
BROOKLYN, N.Y. (June 12, 2013) – Unbeaten junior middleweight prospect Julian Williams is the latest in the line of Philadelphia fighters to make an impact in the boxing world beyond the City of Brotherly Love. On Saturday, June 22 Williams will headline a star-studded undercard at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center against former World Champion Joachim Alcine in the featured eight-round fight on SHOWTIME EXTREME®.
Also featured on the undercard will be Browne’s Olympic teammates Rau’Shee Warren and Jamel Herring, undefeated prospect Robert Easter Jr. and Brooklyn’s Juan Dominguez and Frank Galarza.
Julian Williams (12-0-1, 7 KO’s) has shown the talent and savvy of those with much more experience. In just 13 professional bouts, the 23-year-old has proven that he is on his way to joining the long line of Philadelphia fighters to win a world title. He will face by far his toughest challenge to date when he faces former World Champion Alcine on June 22.
Gonaive, Haiti native Alcine (33-4-1, 19 KO’s) is unlike any fighter Williams has seen in his professional his career. The former WBA Super Welterweight World Champion who now resides in the boxing hotbed of Montreal holds wins over Travis Simms, Carl Daniels and David Lemieux and is looking to bounce back from a gritty 12-round loss to Brian Rose in April.
Living just over the Verrazano Bridge in Staten Island, New York, “Sir” Marcus Browne (4-0, 4 KO’s) will have a short commute to work on June 22. The 2012 United States Olympian has been making short work of his opponents, too, showing off his punching power by finishing all four of his foes by knockout. Obregon, Mexico’s Ricardo Campillo (7-6-1, 5 KO’s) will be aiming to end that streak and score the upset. Having faced four undefeated opponents in his last four bouts, he’s no stranger to taking on up-and-coming prospects.
Three-time United States Olympian Rau’Shee Warren (12-0, 2 KO’s) and 2012 United States Olympian Jamel Herring (3-0, 2 KO’s) have both compiled impressive pro records and will look to keep the momentum going in their Brooklyn debuts. Cincinnati’s Warren meets Pueblo, Colorado’s Ernest Marquez (9-12, 3 KO’s) in a four/six round bantamweight match which will be included on SHOWTIME EXTREME (time permitting) and Coram, New York’s Herring takes on Prichard, Alabama’s Calvin Smith (2-3) in a four-round lightweight fight.
Brooklyn will be well represented at Barclays Center on June 22 by undefeated junior featherweight Juan Dominguez (14-0, 10 KO’s) who squares off against St. Paul, Minnesota’s Bradley Patraw (9-5, 5 KO’s) in an eight-round bout. Brooklyn’s popular junior middleweight Frank Galarza (9-0-2, 5 KO’s) will also look to once again wow the hometown fans when he takes on Arecibo, Puerto Rico’s Edgar Perez (5-5, 3 KO’s) in a six-round junior middleweight fight.
A lightweight bout scheduled for six rounds completes the card, as Toledo, Ohio’s Robert Easter Jr. (4-0, 4 KO’s) searches for his fifth pro win against Merrillville, Indiana’s Antoine Knight (2-3, 1 KO).
Malignaggi vs. Broner, a 12-round fight for Malignaggi’s WBA Welterweight World Championship, will take place Saturday, June 22, 2013 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The event is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and R & R Promotions, supported by Golden Boy Promotions’ sponsors Corona and AT&T and will be televised live on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT. In the co-featured bouts, Johnathon Banks will look to repeat his 2012 upset win over Seth “Mayhem” Mitchell as he defends his NABO and WBC International Heavyweight titles in a 12-round fight presented in association with K2 Promotions and number one rated WBC super middleweight contender Sakio Bika faces number four rated WBC super middleweight contender Marco Antonio Periban in a 12-round fight for the vacant WBC Super Middleweight World Championship. SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING is available in Spanish on secondary audio programming (SAP). Preliminary fights will air on SHOWTIME EXTREME® at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Tickets priced at $250, $125, $75, $50 and $25, plus applicable taxes and service charges, are on sale now and are available for purchase at www.barclayscenter.com, www.ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster locations, by calling 800-745-3000 and at the American Express Box Office. For group tickets, please call 800-GROUP-BK.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- Randy Petalcorin: “I’m here to win a world title”
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch – 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Danny Garcia and Mauricio Herrera media conference call transcript
- Manny Pacquiao Arrives at LAX / USA
- “Canelo Alvarez, Alfredo Angulo, Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Marcos Maidana” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”