- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Tracy Harris Patterson To Attend HOF Weekend
CANASTOTA, NY – APRIL 18, 2013 – The International Boxing Hall of Fame announced today two-division champion Tracy Harris Patterson will attend festivities planned for the 24th Annual Hall of Fame Induction Weekend set for June 6-9th and pay tribute to 2013 Inductee Arturo “Thunder” Gatti.
“Tracy Patterson was an exciting fighter who captured two world titles and thrilled fans with his performances in the ring,” said Hall of Fame director Edward Brophy. “The Hall of Fame is excited to welcome him back to Canastota to help recognize the achievements of his former ring foe Arturo Gatti.”
Patterson and Gatti, who passed away in 2009 and will be inducted posthumously, engaged in two compelling IBF super featherweight bouts (1995 & 1997) with Gatti capturing 12-round decisions in both bouts.
Said Patterson on attending Hall of Fame Weekend and paying tribute to Gatti, “After being in battles with him and to now see a man who put everything into the game be inducted, it will be a great honor for me to help welcome Arturo into the Hall.”
The fighting pride of New Paltz, NY, during a 16-year career, Patterson won the WBC super bantamweight title (1992-94) and the IBF super featherweight title (1995). Patterson and his father, Hall of Fame heavyweight champion Floyd Patterson, made history by becoming the first father – son to win world championships. Patterson, who retired in 2001, holds a pro record of 63-8-2 (43 KOs) that includes wins over Thierry Jacob, Jesse Benavides, Eddie Hopson and Hall of Famer Daniel Zaragoza. He currently trains boxers, including featherweight Patrick “The Punisher” Hyland.
Events planned for the weekend include a banquet, a night of welterweight warriors, parade, golf tournament, boxing autograph card show, cocktail party and the Official Induction Ceremony honoring the Class of 2013. Inductees include two-division champion Arturo “Thunder” Gatti (posthumous), five-time world champion Virgil “Quicksilver” Hill and two-time light flyweight champion Myung-Woo Yuh in the Modern category; “Let’s Get It On” referee Mills Lane, ring announcer Jimmy Lennon, Jr. and journalist Colin Hart. Posthumous inductees in the Old-Timer, Pioneer, Non-Participant and Observer categories will also be honored.
“It will also be an honor to see Virgil Hill go in the Hall because we spent time in training camp together when we had the same trainer,” said Patterson.
An impressive list of over 40 boxing greats from the United States and abroad are scheduled to participate in weekend festivities including Marvelous Marvin Hagler, “Irish” Micky Ward, James “Buddy” McGirt, Pipino Cuevas, Aaron “The Hawk” Pryor, Julian Jackson, Wayne McCullough, Lucia Rijker, Mia St. John, Gerry Cooney, Gasper Ortega, Tony DeMarco, Danny “Little Red” Lopez and many more.
For more information on the Hall of Fame’s 24th Annual Induction Weekend please call (315) 697-7095, visit online at www.ibhof.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/InternationalBoxingHallofFame and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/BoxingHall.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior