- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Tyson Fury calls out MMA heavyweight Cain Velazquez
By Michael Collins: British heavyweight Tyson Fury (20-0, 14 KO’s) is reportedly interested in taking on UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velazquez in a fight in the ring or in the cage. The 6’9” Fury thinks he’s got the size to beat the 6’1” Velazquez.
Oh boy, it looks like Fury is name dropping to get attention to himself. I highly doubt Fury would be willing to fight Velazquez because he’d take a beating in an MMA fight. If Fury’s idea of fighting Velazquez is to challenge him to a boxing match, then that’s not exactly sporting, is it? Pretty much any 2nd tier heavyweight could beat the best MMA fighter in a boxing match. Those guys aren’t boxers and they only have rudimentary skills when it comes to stand up fighting.
Fury wants to fight the Klitschkos, but they’re seemingly not interested in fighting him at this time. Fury doesn’t want to wait. He wants a big fight right now with Vitali Klitschko or Wladimir Klitschko.
Fury said this on his twitter: “I challenge u [Cain Velazquez] to fight all in in a cage or ring! It could be billed as the man vs midget lets get it on! U small stif idiot. Cain valasquez is a little midget on steds bring it on I’ll fight. Not a man born from his mother can beat me! Contact Hennessy sports! If the klitchkos r 2 much of pussies to fight me then I’ll go & fight the MMA heavyweight champ at least he is game. Wouldn’t last 2 rounds! Make this happen as all boxers a s***houses bar me a true fighting man. I hope he dose I’ll smash all of them f**** jokers. I’m the new baddest man on the planet I’ll smash @cainmma. Let’s get it on! U all herd it hear first if @cainmma has ball to fight me then lets go.”
Would Fury’s promoter Mick Hennessy let Fury step inside the Octagon to fight Velazquez? I think the answer is pretty obvious. No way.
I don’t see Fury challenging Velazquez to an actual MMA fight because he’ll get whipped too easily. Velazquez is a former all state wrestler in high school and he wrestled in college. He was a pretty decent wrestler in college, and he would easily beat the tall stork-like Fury in an MMA fight.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say