- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
Tyson Fury calls out MMA heavyweight Cain Velazquez
By Michael Collins: British heavyweight Tyson Fury (20-0, 14 KO’s) is reportedly interested in taking on UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velazquez in a fight in the ring or in the cage. The 6’9” Fury thinks he’s got the size to beat the 6’1” Velazquez.
Oh boy, it looks like Fury is name dropping to get attention to himself. I highly doubt Fury would be willing to fight Velazquez because he’d take a beating in an MMA fight. If Fury’s idea of fighting Velazquez is to challenge him to a boxing match, then that’s not exactly sporting, is it? Pretty much any 2nd tier heavyweight could beat the best MMA fighter in a boxing match. Those guys aren’t boxers and they only have rudimentary skills when it comes to stand up fighting.
Fury wants to fight the Klitschkos, but they’re seemingly not interested in fighting him at this time. Fury doesn’t want to wait. He wants a big fight right now with Vitali Klitschko or Wladimir Klitschko.
Fury said this on his twitter: “I challenge u [Cain Velazquez] to fight all in in a cage or ring! It could be billed as the man vs midget lets get it on! U small stif idiot. Cain valasquez is a little midget on steds bring it on I’ll fight. Not a man born from his mother can beat me! Contact Hennessy sports! If the klitchkos r 2 much of pussies to fight me then I’ll go & fight the MMA heavyweight champ at least he is game. Wouldn’t last 2 rounds! Make this happen as all boxers a s***houses bar me a true fighting man. I hope he dose I’ll smash all of them f**** jokers. I’m the new baddest man on the planet I’ll smash @cainmma. Let’s get it on! U all herd it hear first if @cainmma has ball to fight me then lets go.”
Would Fury’s promoter Mick Hennessy let Fury step inside the Octagon to fight Velazquez? I think the answer is pretty obvious. No way.
I don’t see Fury challenging Velazquez to an actual MMA fight because he’ll get whipped too easily. Velazquez is a former all state wrestler in high school and he wrestled in college. He was a pretty decent wrestler in college, and he would easily beat the tall stork-like Fury in an MMA fight.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things