- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
- Coyle and Ryder heading to Dublin
- Sammy Vasquez Jr. Training Camp Quotes
- Raging Babe online store to launch Friday
Lucas Matthysse to meet and greet fans om Sept 7
INDIO, CALIF. (August 30, 2013) – WBC Interim Super Lightweight World Champion Lucas “The Machine” Matthysse, a 30-year-old banger with thunder in his fists will greet fans at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, Calif. prior to the September 7 SHOWTIME®fights featuring a 12-round clash of heavyweight contenders between Seth “Mayhem” Mitchell (26-1-1, 19 KO’s) and Chris “The Nightmare” Arreola (34-3, 30 KO’s) and a 10-round featherweight match up between Mexican superstar Rafael Marquez (41-8, 37 KO’s) and California prospect Efrain Esquivias (16-2-1, 9 KO’s).
Matthysse has a reputation for exciting fights and even more exciting finishes. More of the same is expected on Sept. 14, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev., when he faces Unified Super Lightweight World Champion Danny “Swift” Garcia for the Super Welterweight World Championship Title “THE ONE: MAYWEATHER VS. CANELO” mega fight, which will be produced and televised by SHOWTIME PPV.
The brother of former world title challenger Walter Matthysse, Lucas followed his brother into the professional boxing ranks in June of 2004, when he made his debut with a second round TKO of Leandro Almagro. Thus began a local reign of terror that saw Matthysse tear through the Argentinean boxing scene with frightening power and efficiency. His defeat of former world champion Lamont Peterson via third round TKO this past May in Atlantic City, New Jersey, set up a fight of the year on the Mayweather undercard.
Matthysse will be on hand to meet fans, sign autographs and take pictures from 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. PT inside the Fantasy Springs Special Events Center. The meet and greet is open to the public with the purchase of a ticket to the fights.
Mitchell vs. Arreola, a 12-round fight for the WBC Silver Heavyweight Title, is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Goossen Tutor Promotions and sponsored by Corona. The doubleheader will take place on Saturday, Sept. 7 at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino and will be televised live on SHOWTIME beginning at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast). Doors open at 4 p.m. PT and the first fight begins at 4:05 p.m. PT.
Tickets, priced at $105, $75, $55, $45, $35 are available at the Fantasy Springs Box Office, by calling (800) 827-2946 or online at www.fantasyspringsresort.com.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes