- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Canelo Alvarez Impresses In Controversial TKO Victory Over Alfredo Angulo, Saturday on SHOWTIME PPV
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Floyd "Money" Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- Canelo with huge advantage over Angulo in punch stats
- Fight Report – Martin steals the show as Turner and McIntyre Add Further Titles
- M-1 Global light heavyweight title fight Friday headlines M-1 Challenge 46
- TEENAGE PHENOM MILTON SANTIAGO JR. GOES FOR 3-0 THIS FRIDAY NIGHT IN PHILDELPHIA
- Felix: “This fight is everything to me”
- BUTLER “THE BODY SNATCHER” DELIGHTED WIN KO WIN
- Team USA Wins Seven Gold Medals and the Team Trophy at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
UK Boxing: Erick Ochieng; Steve Pearce; Jordan McCorry
English Light Middleweight Champion Erick ‘The Eagle’ Ochieng makes the fourth defense of his crown, against the highly experienced Terry Carruthers from Birmingham, at the Matchroom Sport promoted ‘Betfair London’s Finest’ event, which takes place at Wembley Arena on Saturday, the 9th March.
Ochieng, who has proved beyond doubt that he is fast becoming the dominant force within the domestic Light Middle scene, having dispatched the likes of Andrew Lowe, Ryan Toms and Max Maxwell since beating Nick Quigley to lift the vacant title back in January last year, firmly believes that it’s time to move on, to either challenge for the British or Commonwealth crown.
“Yeah, the fight is going to be on the 9th March and it’s going to be a good fight, because it’s against Terry Carruthers,” said the 25 year old from Stoke Newington.
“He’s a tough, ugly fighter so I’m gonna come out and look pretty.
Preparation has been going well and we’re looking for another win and then on to bigger things, which will be the British or the Commonwealth, that’s what we are looking for at the minute.
I promise before this year ends you’ll be looking at the British or Commonwealth Champion, without doubt.
I want to give a big shout out to all my fans and sponsors, Addison Lee, Glenn Insurance. I want the ‘Eagle’ crowd to come out in force, because the fight’s going to be a great fight.
Not just my fight, but they’ll be other great fights at ‘Betfair London’s Finest’ and it’s gonna be a great night of action. TRAD TKO’s Danny Connor defends his Southern Area against Chris Evangelou, my team mate and another of the TRAD TKO crew, Wadi Camacho takes on China White for the English Cruiserweight title, Darren Barker and Lee Purdy also fighting for titles.
‘Eagle’, ‘Eagle’, ‘Eagle’ oh and I’m gonna be coming in to my track, Erick The Eagle, yep that’s what I am going to be entering the ring with.”
Tickets, priced £40, £60 and £80, for the Matchroom Sport promoted ‘Betfair London’s Finest at Wembley Arena on Saturday 9th March, are on sale now at www.tkoboxoffice.com or direct from Erick Ochieng at the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym, Gillian House, Stephenson Street, Canning Town, London E16 4SA.
Pearce Replaces Ryan in Midlands Area Title Fight
By Daniel Mole
Stourbridge’s Steve Pearce has stepped in as a late replacement for Joel Ryan ahead of Friday’s Midlands Area Welterweight showdown against Derby’s Luke Gallear.
A chest infection has laid Ryan low with the Walsall man unable to train for the past seven days. After speaking to Manager and Promoter Errol Johnson last night ,a decision was made to pull Ryan from the show and replace him with ‘Fierce Pearce’
“The chest infection has really knocked Joel off his feet,” Johnson told www.uko-boxing.com. “He’d been training hard and was looking good. He did 10 rounds sparring last Monday but started feeling ill the following morning.
“He went to the doctors and has been taking a course of antibiotics but he’s still bed-ridden and we just can’t risk him.
“Steven was next in line for a shot at the Midlands Area Title anyway, so it made sense to bring his opportunity forward.
“Gallear versus Pearce will be a war. Neither will take a backwards step, so the fans will be in for a real treat.”
Pearce’s last outing was at Wolverhampton Civic Hall in January when he took part in Prizefighter: The Welterweights III. It was on that night that he suffered his first defeat as a professional after being stopped by eventual Prizefighter winner, Glenn Foot.
Before then, the 28 year-old ( now 6-1) had enjoyed a perfect start to his professional career and will be determined to get back to winning ways against Gallear at Burton Town Hall on Friday (1st March).
Gallear (4-4-2), also 28, goes into the fight on the back of a December loss to debutant, Tony Dixon. However, he has enjoyed a solid training camp ahead of this title shot, whereas Pearce has taken the fight at just four days notice.
The undercard is made up of three intriguing battles.
Burton’s Tom Shaw (8-1) takes on Birmingham’s Jason Nesbitt (9-161-4).
The local Light Welterweight suffered a first professional defeat at the fists of Mark McKray back in January and will be expected to get back to winning ways against the veteran fighter.
Dudley prospect, Kyle Spencer (4-0), takes on Jimmy Price (0-0-1) whilst Tamworth’s Matt Seawright (3-69-4) faces Exeter’s Faheem Khan (4-0-1) in a re-match following Khan’s controversial points victory back in November.
Tickets for the Burton Town Hall show how are priced at £30 unreserved seating and £50 Ringside. They are available from Burton Town Hall Box Office on 0128 350 8547. Doors open at 7.00pm with boxing commencing at 8.00pm.
St Andrews Sporting Club
After recent wins in this months ‘St Andrews Sporting Club’ in the Radisson Hotel, Glasgow both Jordan McCorry and Darren McAdam have been rewarded with a slot on the ‘The Steelmen Return’ on Ravenscraig Sports Facility on March 8th.
“ Both fighters put on strong performance’s on there respective fights at the St Andrews Sporting Club. Jordan was in with the tough Latvian Pavels Senkovs over eight rounds, and picked up a 79-74 points wins. There were points in the fight were it looked like Senkovs was close to a knockout, but he is a tough fighter and Jordan showed his ability to adapt” said Manager Tommy Gilmour MBE .
He added “Darren was in with another undefeated fighter in Kieran McGhee. This was his second fight but stuck to his plan to pick the win up.
“Its good to add them to such a big card already, with twelve scheduled fights it will be a good night for both the figthers and the crowd. With Gary McCallum v Paul Allison headlining, and the rising talents of Iain Butcher, Mitch Prince, Sean Watson amongst others on show, it all points to a great evening.
Prospect Boxing and Chris Gilmour Boxing present ‘The Steel Men Return’ an evening of Professional Championship Boxing at Ravenscraig Sports Facility on Friday March 8th. Headlined by Gary McCallum v Paul Allison for the Vacant Scottish Middleweight Title.
With a 11 fight under card featuring Rhys Pagan, Mark Parvin, Sean Watson and Ryan Scott. Jordan McCorry, Darren McAdam, Mitch Prince, George Thomson and Martin Taylor makes his pro debut in the Light Welterweight division while Alex Montgomery makes his debut in a Super Middleweight bout.
Tickets are priced at £30 (unreserved) and £40 (ringside)
further details are available from www.prospectboxing.com and www.facebook.com/ProspectBoxing and @ProspectBoxing
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- Randy Petalcorin: “I’m here to win a world title”
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch – 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Danny Garcia and Mauricio Herrera media conference call transcript
- Manny Pacquiao Arrives at LAX / USA
- “Canelo Alvarez, Alfredo Angulo, Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Marcos Maidana” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”