- Jermain Taylor -- FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN ... Cops Say
- Earlier Start Time Set for Mayweather vs Maidana 2
- The Mayweather-Pacquiao Business Paradox
- Roy Jones Jr. gives Las Vegas local Chuy first shot at title fight
- Maidana: I hope Mayweather will stand and fight like a man
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
- Red Dawn: Beterbiev vs. Cloud Sept 27 in Montreal
Undefeated Cruiserweight Quantis Graves Speaks Out On Career, Deontay Wilder, and More
How are you doing today Quantis?
I’m doing just fine. How are you?
Good, thanks. Let’s start at the beginning. How did you get involved in boxing?
I started in the streets at the age of 15, fighting in the streets. This guy suggested that I start boxing at the local gym. With that being said, I started and I didn’t like it. I stopped after 5 or 6 months. I started back when my brother was killed in the streets of New Orleans. I told my mom that I’d rather pick up some gloves than pick up a gun. That was in 2002.
You were caught up in the hurricane Katrina tragedy. Have you been to New Orleans since the storm? If so, what are your thoughts on the rebuild? Has the town made a successful recovery?
Yes…I’ll take a few trips to visit my father and a few good friends. The rebuilding of New Orleans is going to take some time. I love the city of New Orleans.
You are now 9-0 with 4 knockouts. For those who haven’t seen you fight, how would you describe your style of boxing?
I’m smooth, slick and fast. I make great adjustments in the ring, I have great movement.
What were some of your amateur achievements and what was your overall record in the unpaid ranks?
I was a 3-time State Champion of Louisiana, 2008 Olympic Alternate (Heavy weight).
Do you plan on staying at Cruiserweight or do you foresee a jump to Heavyweight at some time in the future?
I think I’ll stay at cruiserweight.
Some critics would point to your age and say that at 31, time isn’t necessarily on your side when it comes to a championship race. What would you say to that?
I love the critics. They can say what they want to. I’ll show the world what Quantis Graves is going to do.
About how long before we see you step up in competition? Do you have any sort of timeframe for when you would like to be ranked in the top 10?
It’s all about making the right moves at the right time. I trust my managers to make those moves for me.
Of the current Cruiser champions, which do you deem the most talented and which would you like to face the most?
Marco Huck. Great fighter and I would love to be in camp with him someday.
You have a fight coming up on October 5th. What do you know about your opponent and how do you plan on handling him?
I really don’t know too much about him.
You faced heavyweight knockout artist Deontay Wilder in the amateurs. What do you recall of the fight and Deontay’s power?
(Laughs) Wilder was a hard worker. Wilder would not allow you to outwork him. I don’t really recall Wilder landing right hands on me. Take in mind, Wilder was a different fighter back then. Wilder is a much better fighter now.
Do you feel as though Wilder has the heaviest hands in the division? And do you see him dethroning either Klitschko brother at some point?
WILDER WILL BE WORLD CHAMPION! Wilder is a hard worker and he respects the sport of boxing. Wilder and I are friends and I wish him all the best.
Is there anything else you would like the readers to know Quantis?
Thanks for having me. I appreciate your time. I want the world to be on the lookout for Quantis Graves.
Thank you for reading. For questions and comments, to schedule an interview, or to simply chat about boxing, Charles White can be reached at 360-333-5911 or email@example.com.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say