- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Undefeated “Irish” Seanie Monaghan Signs with Top Rank
LAS VEGAS, NEV. (June 4, 2013) — Top Rank announced today the signing of undefeated light heavyweight contender “Irish” SEANIE MONAGHAN. One of the top boxing gate attractions in his native New York, Monaghan (18-0, 11 KOs), of Long Beach, NY, captured the World Boxing Council (WBC) Continental Americas light heavyweight title on June 14, 2012, via an eighth-round TKO of Romaro Johnson and successfully defended it last October 24, winning a unanimous decision over Rayco Sanders. Known for his aggressive style and good punching power, especially to the body, Monaghan, 31, is currently world-rated No. 11 by the World Boxing Association (WBA) and No. 18 by the WBC. In last his fight, on April 13, he scored a first-round knockout of Dion Stanley on the undercard of the Nonito Donaire – Guillermo Rigondeaux world junior featherweight championship at Radio City Music Hall.
“It’s an honor to sign with Top Rank. I have really improved and I know Top Rank will work hard to get me the big fights,” said Monaghan.
“We are very excited. Seanie has fought on some Top Rank-promoted boxing events and everyone with the company is very professional. Top Rank is the No. 1 promoter in the world,” said P.J. Kavanagh, Monaghan’s manager. “Seanie wants to fight for the world title and we think being with Top Rank will help us get there. The sky’s the limit for Seanie. We are moving forward with Top Rank.”
“We are delighted that Seanie has decided to be promoted by Top Rank. He is a fan-friendly fighter who has a large and loyal fan base,” said Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum. “We expect to showcase his talents on the televised undercard of the much anticipated Juan Manuel Márquez vs. Timothy Bradley pay-per-event on October 12 at the Thomas and Mack in Las Vegas.”
“Top Rank has had the pleasure of working with Seanie and his team on some of our recent high-profile shows in New York. He has a loyal and rabid fan base that brings excitement to our events. We look forward to building on that momentum,” said Carl Moretti, Top Rank’s Vice President, Boxing Operations. “Seanie’s team has done a terrific job in developing him as an attraction and as a top-light heavyweight prospect. Top Rank’s goal will be to bring him to the next level nationally and internationally as well as secure a world title opportunity.”
For fight updates go to www.toprank.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/trboxing or facebook.com/trboxeo and on Twitter at twitter.com/trboxing or twitter.com/trboxeo.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?