- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
- Full Card Announced For Golden Boy Live! Card In Fairfield, Calif
- Rising Minnesota Prospects Look To Impress Friday Night At Grand Casino Hinckley
Undefeated knockout artist, Miguel “Mikito” Soto returns this Saturday
Puerto Rican, Miguel “Mikito” Soto ( 10-0, 10 KO’s ) will be in action this Saturday, April 20 at the Manuel Iguina Coliseum in Arecibo, Puerto Rico.
Soto has been out of action since April 13, 2012, when in the main event defeated experienced Mexican, Leopoldo González by way of knockout at 2 minutes and 16 seconds of the first round in a card held Hatillo, Puerto Rico.
“Although I have not fought for a little more than a year, I’ve been working out and keeping my condition in the gym. I’m Very happy to return, because this is how I earn my living and support my family. Personal issues are over, we are here and will not stop until I reach my goal, “said “Mikito” Soto.
Soto, a native of Arecibo, Puerto Rico will face John Wampash (1-7-2, 1 KO), opponent who has faced top prospects such as Gary Russell Jr., the reigning NABF Champion, Ronny Rios, who comes from a huge victory over former world champion Rico Ramos, among others. The fight will be at the super featherweight division.
“John is a strong fighter with a uncomfortable style, but I have studied some his videos and we’ll be ready to give the fans a great fight as always” said an excited Soto, who is training in Vega Alta under the leadership of Dennis Pantoja.
This will be Soto’s first fight under manager, José Acevedo, president of Free Agent Boxing Management, which also has prospects as Roberto Acevedo, current Dominican Republic National Champion at 135lbs Eudy Bernardo and WBO ranked #4 at 154lbs and Interim Latino Champion, Jorge “Destroyer” Melendez.
Acevedo, president of Free Agent Boxing Management is very happy to be part of Soto’s career.
“Mikito is a boxer with exceptional talent and we are very happy to be part of his career and also help him achieve his goals as a pro boxer” said Acevedo.
“I feel just can’t wait to show the people that I belong in the top and I hope to stay active with my team so we can have achieve the opportunity to greater fights” said Soto.
Son of Legend, Hector “Machito” Camacho, Jr. will headline the event by facing Mexican, Miguel Munguia.
The card is promoted by M & V Power Promotion. Part of the ticket sales revenues will go to the organization “Gloves Up, Guns Down, Stop Crime Foundation” that ‘Machito’ founded to promote peace and raise awareness about the danger of using firearms.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Santa Cruz feels pressure of fighting in co-feature on Mayweather-Maidana 2 card
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Brook pushing hard for Khan fight