- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Rau’shee Warren added to Golden Boy Live! card on Sept 2
SAN ANTONIO, August 28 – Labor Day Weekend will end with a bang, as Golden Boy Promotions and Leija*Battah Promotions head to Cowboys Dancehall in San Antonio, Texas for the latest edition of the new Golden Boy Live! series live on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Deportes. Fans attending this exciting night of fights in the Lone Star State will be treated to a full roster of undercard bouts anchored by a bantamweight bout featuring Three-Time U.S. Olympian Rau’shee Warren against San Antonio’s Omar Gonzalez.
Headlining the event will be a 10-round WBA International Welterweight Title bout between former World Champion Luis Collazo and surging 22-year-old prospect Alan Sanchez. In the co-main event, San Antonio’s own Raul “The Cobra” Martinez faces off against the always tough Daniel “Cuate” Quevedo in an eight-round junior featherweight matchup. The non-televised portion of the card will feature a wide array of Texas’ top fistic talent.
Collazo vs. Sanchez, 10-round bout for the vacant WBA International Welterweight Title is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and Leija*Battah Promotions and sponsored by Corona and O’Reilly Auto Parts. Cowboys Dancehall doors open at 6:00 p.m. CT and the first fight starts at 6:00 p.m. CT. The FOX Sports 1 and FOX Deportes broadcast airs live at 9:00 p.m. ET/8:00 p.m. CT/6:00 p.m. PT.
Tickets, priced at $100, $65 and $20, plus applicable taxes, fees and service charges, are available for purchase by phone by calling Leija*Battah Promotions at (210) 979-3302.
A member of the 2004, 2008 and 2012 United States Olympic teams, Cincinnati, Ohio’s Rau’shee Warren (14-0, 3 KO’s) is one of the most decorated U.S. amateurs ever. But his quest for gold isn’t over yet, as he chases a world championship as a professional. Undefeated with three knockouts in 2013 thus far, the 26-year-old southpaw hopes to impress his Texas fans on September 2 when he takes on San Antonio’s Omar Gonzalez (6-9, 1 KO), who hopes his local fans will lead him to an upset victory of Warren.
An outstanding seven-bout lineup make up the non-televised undercard portion of this evening and Texas’ finest will be out in force in front of their home state fans.
In a six-round super middleweight matchup, San Antonio favorite Emanuel Ledezma (12-1-1, 2 KO’s) faces Snyder’s Mike Martinez (12-2-1, 7 KO’s). Also representing San Antonio will be welterweight Jairo Castaneda (2-0, 1 KO) who will face Austin’s Warren Stewart (0-1) in a four-round bout.
In the middleweight division, it’s Austin’s Kenton Sippio-Cook (3-0, 3 KO’s) against Brownsville’s Juan Manuel Reyna (4-2-, 2 KO’s), but before that, the ladies take center stage when Laredo’s Christina Fuentes (1-3-3) battles debuting Houstonite Paola Ortiz in junior flyweight action.
Another all-Texas showdown, this time in the heavyweight division, sees Austin’s Aaron Rosas (0-0-1) facing Brownsville first-timer Juan Manuel Alvarez and in the junior lightweight class, San Antonio’s Christian Santibanez (0-1) and Houston’s Rogelio Moreno (0-1) will clash in the quest for their first professional win.
Finally, the night will open with pro debuting junior welterweights Marco A. Solis of Austin and Ryan Benoit of Dallas.
The aforementioned five bouts are all scheduled for four rounds.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada