- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Undefeated Welterweight Bizier Meets Former Lightweight Champion Campbell on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights
The February 8 edition of ESPN’s Friday Night Fights presented by Corona Extra will feature undefeated Welterweight Kevin Bizier (19-0, 13 KOs) and former undisputed Lightweight world champion Nate Campbell (36-9-1, 1 NC, 26 KOs) in the 12-round main event. Friday’s show from Montreal will air live at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN2 HD, and will be available online through WatchESPN.com and on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app. The card will also air live on ESPN Deportes+, the new digital extension of ESPN Deportes, and will air tape delayed on ESPN Deportes at 10:30 p.m. The card is promoted by GYM.
Joe Tessitore and Teddy Atlas will be ringside at the Bell Centre describing the action for ESPN2 HD. Studio host Todd Grisham (@GrishamESPN) will present the latest boxing news and interview ESPN Deportes’ Delvin Rodriguez (26-6-3, 14 KOs) to discuss Rodriguez’s upcoming fight with George Tahdooahnippah (31-0-1, 23 KOs).
That fight will be televised February 15, at 9 p.m. on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights. Alex Pombo and Rodriguez will call this week’s fights for ESPN Deportes’ Viernes de Combates (Friday Night Fights) with Leopoldo Gonzalez and Pablo Viruega in the studio. Bilingual reporter Bernardo Osuna (@osunaespn) will present live interviews and reports for both shows.
ESPN2 will present an encore telecast of Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez 4 at 8 p.m. leading up to Friday Night Fights. December’s HBO Pay-Per-View fight, which ended in a Marquez sixth-round KO of Pacquiao, was named ESPN.com’s 2012 “Fight of the Year” and “Knockout of the Year.” The fight was recently named 2012 “Fight of the Year” by the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA).
Quebec’s Bizier is coming off a December eight-round unanimous decision win over Doel Carrasquillo, while Campbell a native of Jacksonville, Fla., will look to build momentum following an eight-round decision win over Krzysztof Szot.
Campbell enters Friday’s fight with big fight experience, having fought former and current titlists Danny Garcia, Victor Ortiz, Timothy Bradley Jr., Juan Diaz, Isaac Hlatshwayo, Robbie Peden, and Joel Casamayor.
Friday’s 10-round co-feature will pit undefeated Junior Lightweights Tyler Asselstine of Toronto (12-0, 7 KOs), against Montreal’s Baha Laham (10-0-1 4 KOs). Asselstine is coming off a first-round TKO win over Sandor Horvath, while Laham won an eight-round unanimous decision over Jose Saez in his last fight.
Follow ESPN’s Friday Night Fights on Twitter @ESPNFNF or like it on Facebook. Follow ESPN Deportes’ Viernes de Combates on Twitter @ESPNBoxeo. Also score the fights round-by-round with the “Live Friday Night Fights Facebook Voting App,” an application on the ESPN FNF Facebook page that allows viewers to score the fight round-by-round.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity