- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
US amateur standout Albert Bell makes pro debut Friday
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (June 26, 2013) — Acquinity Sports has announced the much anticipated professional debut of outstanding United States amateur boxer Albert “Prince” Bell, who faces an opponent to be announced in a four-round featherweight bout this Friday night (June 28) on a solid card, presented by All Star Boxing in association with Acquinity Sports, at the Kissimmee Civic Center in Florida.
Friday night’s show will be broadcast on Telemundo. Bell’s new stable-mate, two-time world champion Juan “Little Tyson” Guzman (33-1-1, 20 KOs), takes on Vincente “El Loco” Mosquera (32-2-1, 17 KOs) in the 12-round main event for the vacant World Boxing Association (WBA) Interim Junior Welterweight title.
As an amateur boxer out of Toledo, Ohio, the now 20-year-old Bell captured gold medals in the 132-pound weight class at the 2011 National PAL Tournament and the 2012 National Golden Gloves Championships. The lanky, 6-foot boxer nearly qualifying for a spot on the 2008 USA Olympic Boxing Team, losing in the U.S. Olympic Trials to eventual U.S. Olympian lightweight Jose Ramirez.
“I’m excited and very happy to make my pro debut this Friday, as well as being part of Team Acquinity Sports,” Bell said. “I know I have to work very hard and this is just the beginning of a career that I hope will be very successful. We are confident that my most important decision was to come to Florida and join Acquinity Sports.”
Bell defeated several boxers in the amateurs who are now solid pro prospects, including Toka Kahn-Clary (5-0, 4 KOs), Kendo Castaneda (3-0, 1 KO) and Pedro Duran (1-0, 1 KO).
“Acquinity Sports is the future home of boxing in the United States,” Jonas remarked. “Not only do we set our high goals, we also provide our boxers with all the resources necessary for them to achieve their goals, in an atmosphere where they can develop their skills.”
“Bell joins a talented group of young fighters at Acquinity Sports like Hylon Williams, Dominique Dolton and Claudio Marrero,” Rivalta added. “We are developing these young warriors into sensational fighters. Gary and I are working tirelessly to build a stable of fighters that will be in the biggest fights for years to come.”
Bell is the latest addition to the growing Acquinity Sports team of world-class boxers, led by IBF super featherweight Argenis “La Tormenta” Mendez and Guzman, as well as top contenders such as WBA No. 2-rated featherweight Claudio “The Matrix” Marrero, WBC / WBA No. 3 Ed “The Lion” Paredes, and WBA No. 5 bantamweight Juan Carlos Payano.
Go online to www.AcquinitySports.com for additional information. Follow Acquinity Sports on Twitter @AcquinitySports, or friend us at Facebook.com/AcquinitySports.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say