- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
USA Knockouts ready to delight on Univision
Lausanne, Switzerland, November 21, 2013 – The USA Knockouts – the Franchise representing the United States in the World Series of Boxing (WSB) – today announced that its season will be broadcast by Univision, the leading media company serving Hispanic America.
The announcement was made at the weigh-in press conference of the first home match of the USA Knockouts scheduled for this Friday, November 22nd at the Miccosukee Casino Resort & Gaming in Miami, Florida.
Live on Univision, a talented USA Knockouts team will take on the Argentina Condors, who were recently defeated 1-4 in their first match against the Dolce & Gabbana Italia Thunder.
Fully supported by USA Boxing, the US national governing body for the sport of boxing, the USA Knockouts has entered a 37-man squad into the tournament that includes boxers from Brazil, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and obviously the best American talents.
Friday’s USA Knockouts squad includes Light Flyweight (46-49kg) Anthony Chacon, currently ranked #6 in the AIBA World Ranking, Bantamweight (56kg) Stephen Fulton, Light Welterweight (64kg) Jose Alday Jr., Middleweight (75kg) Caleb Plant and Heavyweight (91kg) Earl Anthony Newman Jr.
Argentina Condors will be represented by Light Flyweight Patrick Lourenco from Brazil, Bantamweight Alberto Ezequiel Melian (3-1 in his WSB career), Light Welterweight Alberto Palmetta, Middleweight Tomas Andres Reynoso and Heavyweight Yamil Peralta, who is a bronze medalist at the recent AIBA World Boxing Championships Almaty 2013 and was the number one ranked at Light Heavyweight in WSB Season III. Peralta is currently on an astonishing 6-0 winning streak.
“With Franchises in the USA, Cuba, Mexico and Argentina, this region is key for the WSB and we know that many other nations are interested in joining”, said Mr. Karim Bouzidi, WSB Chief Executive Officer. “This is why we are extremely proud to welcome Univision as Official Host Broadcaster of the USA Knockouts. I see an exciting and bright future for the Franchise, thanks to the full support of USA Boxing, its new President and AIBA Executive Committee Member, Dr Charles Butler and Mr Anthony Bartkowski, Executive Director of USA Boxing and General Manager of the USA Knockouts”, added Mr. Bouzidi.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity