- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
Usyk vs Romero / Uzelkov vs Codrington doubleheader on November 9th in Kyiv, Ukraine
A big boxing show will take place on November, 9th at the Palace of Sports (Kiev, Ukraine) promoted by K2 Promotions Ukraine . Local light-heavyweight star Vyacheslav «Steel Power» Uzelkov (29-3, 18 KOs) will dispute vacant IBO International light heavyweight title against American KO-artist Jaidon «The Don» Сodrington (21-3, 17 KOs).
34 years old Vyacheslav Uzelkov is the former World (WBA) and European (EBU) title challenger who has couple of decent victories in his record including 6th round KO win over Gabriel Campillo former WBA World champion and UD win over two-time WBO contender Alejandro Lakatos.
Jaidon Codrington (29 years old) is known as a runner-up of reality boxing show «The Contender III», where he stopped previously unbeaten Texas broiler Brian Vera, overmatched Wayne Johnsen in semifinal and faced future WBC World champ Sakio «Scorpion» Bika. This clash definitely became the best «The Contender» fight ever and truly candidate of FOTY-2007.
Very special attraction of upcoming show will be pro debut of the international amateur-boxing superstar and 2012 London Olympic Gold Medalist Alexander Usyk, who has recently signed with Klitschko brothers. Highly-promising Ukrainian cruiserweight will risk his reputation against tough and experienced Mexican Felipe «El Indio» Romero (16-7-1, 11 KOs) in a 6 rounder.
26 year-old Oleksandr Usyk was one of the p4p best amateurs during last 5 years. Ukrainian technician won gold medal as a heavyweight at Olympic Games-2012 in London, also he was World champion-2011 and European champion-2008.
29 year-old Felipe Romero is durable, upset-minded gatekeeper who has two victories over former WBO light heavyweight champion Julio Cesar Gonzalez in his resume. Also Romero defeated couple of other decent Mexican fighter including previously unbeaten Olympian Ramiro Reducindo and two-time World title challenger Saul Montana. Felipe delivered to Irish prospect Michael Sweeney and Mexican puncher Juan Romo their first losses in a pro-career. In last two years Romero fought against three foes from top-15 of alphabet world ratings (Polish cruiserweights Mateusz Masternak and Krzysztof Glowacki and Australian heavyweight Alex Leapai) but has lost all these fights.
There will be a couple of other K2’s «young guns» in the undercard including just 19 year-old but fast rising Russian prospect Umar Salamov (7-0, 6 KOs) who will face durable Uzbek Ravshan Jabbarov (11-4-1, 5 KOs) in a 10-rounder.
Both Usyk vs Romero and Uzelkov vs Codrington match-ups will be broadcast live by Ukrainian Inter channel on November 9th supporting by TM «Khortytsia»
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015